Forum

ATI Display Driver crashing randomly

Created 18th March 2010 @ 12:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

bm

Well it seems that overheating was the problem in my case aswell.
Since increasing the fan speed to an almost intolerable level I’ve had no problems anymore so far.
One wonders though why the fuck the driver can’t regulate this on its own.
After some more research though, it seems that for many people the reason
isn’t the overheating, but that the problem lies within win vista and win7.
Seems that countless people are experiencing this. Google it for yourself if you wanna know more.

Last edited by bm,

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from bm

Could be because it sounds like a airplane > People whine about it being to noisy > ATI cries themselves to sleep.

Reload

BiG
BiG

Quoted from bm

Since increasing the fan speed to an almost intolerable level I’ve had no problems anymore so far.
Seems that countless people are experiencing this. Google it for yourself if you wanna know more.

I had the problems with Win XP64. After my first HD4870 died, they sent a replacement. That one died a few weeks ago, again from overheating (while I stressed it way less than the first card). I now have the HD5770 (arrived today), let’s see how long this one will hold out..

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from octochris

[…]

That’s entirely unrelated, because you’re referring to nVidia software/drivers.

The error message probably refers to nvidia but during all the time I spent trying to find a fix there were plenty of people with ati cards that had the same problem.

FADe

Quoted from bm

The 10.3 driver is supposed to of addressed the issue, you can find it @ http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Or you can wait the 4/5 days it usually takes for amd/ati to certify them and put them on their site for official release

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2