Forum

The weirdest FPS problem man kind ever encountered

Created 28th January 2010 @ 00:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Dekamano

scenic

clean your computer from dust, that thing worked me when i had drops to like 9 fps :)

Spike Himself

TC

Do you have vertical sync turned on anywhere? If so, turn it off.

Spary

“What AV are you running?” – I got BitDefender 2010 with Gamer mode when running games.

“disable directsound via dxdiag” – will try.

“clean your computer from dust, that thing worked me when i had drops to like 9 fps :)” – I really dont know how can it help my fps problem if I get an fps drop depending on a situation, but I will give that a try.

“Do you have vertical sync turned on anywhere? If so, turn it off.” – I don’t have it turned on, not in my game nor in CCC.

Will post after I try all these stuff to let you know if it helped :)

Spary

I found out that the fps is connected to the cl_cmdrate, whenever the fps goes below 66 the cmdrate does too, maybe it’s the other way around im not sure…

Does anyone know if this happens for everyone? I mean if your fps is dropping then your cmdrate does too?

sorry for double post :p

Last edited by Spary,

ZeyOrk

I got the same issues as you buddy. Its Mat_queue_mode 2, try that, put in your autoexe file, then restart your pc, then run tf2. It didnt help me, but I heard other ppl found it useful.

Spary

Quoted from ZeyOrk

I got the same issues as you buddy. Its Mat_queue_mode 2, try that, put in your autoexe file, then restart your pc, then run tf2. It didnt help me, but I heard other ppl found it useful.

I’ve got quantum’s cfg, I cant find where he sets the mat_queue_mode :<

edit: it didn’t fix it.

Last edited by Spary,

wai

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spary

“clean your computer from dust, that thing worked me when i had drops to like 9 fps :)” – I really dont know how can it help my fps problem if I get an fps drop depending on a situation, but I will give that a try.

sometimes if theres enough dust laying around inside your pc it acts as insulation, so it holds heat etc, and ofc cooking your pc making shit overheat

blorg

k

Last edited by blorg,

Spary

I fixed it yesterday and played alot without dropping below 100 by disabling multi core and setting affinity to 1 and then setting to 2 and enabling multi core.

Now the problem is back again and worse than ever, it’s now about 8-15 fps in dm_store with 9 people (which was 40 before).

Spike Himself

TC

Have you tried setting all graphics options to their lowest settings? Obviously not a fix but it might help locating the issue.
Do you do overclocking? (if you do then I guess I won’t have to tell you to run stuff at default for a tryout, heh)
Tried a different graphics card? Or older drivers, maybe?

Mike

SF

perfectly normal for tf2

Spary

Quoted from Spike Himself

Have you tried setting all graphics options to their lowest settings? Obviously not a fix but it might help locating the issue.
Do you do overclocking? (if you do then I guess I won’t have to tell you to run stuff at default for a tryout, heh)
Tried a different graphics card? Or older drivers, maybe?

lower settings, lower resolution doesnt help, it gives the exact same fps in combat. FPS configs doesnt help either (some high FPS configs even give worse resuslts than high quality cfgs).

Can it be my network card? because when my fps drop I send less packets aswell…

Maybe it is network problem cos it only happens when I see projectiles fly and near enemies.

I didnt overclock my hardware, only changed the fan speed for the graphic’s card.

I did try older drivers but the ATI drivers are kinda fucked up since I dunno what driver im using, it always says it’s the same even if I just installed the newest one (10.1)

Last edited by Spary,

Spary

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is Valve’s fault for screwing something up with some of their updates.

Noone else can fix it but Valve, which in my opinion will take alot of time for them to fix it (cos they prioritize useless hat updates over fixing the actual game) or never even gonna happen.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

The packets not being send has to do with your fps, as you get choke when your fps66 or you’ll choke.

suni

[j]\\\'

CPU overheating?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »