Forum

Mumble 1.2.0 Compatibilty Mumble Crash

Created 26th December 2009 @ 17:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

hänsen

Team Popo!

My Compatibility Mumble for lower Versions than 1.2.0 crashes constantly on launch but still allowing me to hear everything spoken and choose channels and even servers… but not allowing me to speak.

Just on launch there is this (i’m using XP Professional 32bit) nasty little Windows message: “Hey Yerk, this Program just crashed, go cry som moar!” but if i push this message to the side (drag’n’drop) as i said i can do everything except talking. When i hit this Win message box on the “X” mark, Mumble closes leaving me behind with a tiny symbol for mumble in the taskbar.

Yet i tried to

*) reinstall
*) install Developer Snapshot
*) cry

nothing helped yet! :(

Last edited by hänsen,

David

I have the exact same problem!

AnimaL

they have their own bug forum, just report it there

or use the old 1.8 installations… doh..

Last edited by AnimaL,

Akasazh

THG
HL

got this aswell, somehow related to my ptt key. It somehow doesn’t register any key for ptt, and crashes when i push the designated key. Only in the backward compatibility one mind.

had this problem, the solution i was told(and worked) is to make sure you done have 2 push to talk buttons (in my case i had 2 the same)

cause that causes the crash

David

I got around my problem by installing 1.2.0 on one drive + 1.1.8 on a different drive :3

quad

its the sound quality in the options, its all down to lowest quality 10, crank it up til like 4 and its fixed

basH.

hf

i had the same problem :)
It was because of Windows XP 64 bit…now with 32 it runs great

Akasazh

THG
HL

Quoted from Bucket

had this problem, the solution i was told(and worked) is to make sure you done have 2 push to talk buttons (in my case i had 2 the same)

cause that causes the crash

Unfortunately this didn’t solve it. Only have 1 ptt but when i set it; and wichever key i press to set it to it gives K:unknown as the ptt key. Ony in the backward compatible version tho, my regular mumble works a treat (eg. the audio quality isn’t the problem for me). Im on vista 64 tho so maybe thats what causing it but seeing regular mumble works without a hitch this struck me as strange

Last edited by Akasazh,

Mark

Phase

It’s because your quality is set too high.

Add A Reply Pages: 1