Skill fakers

Created 9th December 2009 @ 18:45

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »

Lzrd

Lutunen
OS!

ladder doesn’t do squat with mixes.

lol QQ.

When we were still in div5 we had gamecontrol (at the time high div 3) faking a pcw against us and one of them started insulting us and shit, a hilarious faggot he was too (hi robben!). Germans :D
Another time we had a div1 mix when we were in div4, that was awesome raep as well but I got 2 nice airshots so meh.
I could go on but just suck it up tbh, it happens. You won’t learn shit anyway if the gap is big enough, just go engies and pyros and have some fun while they’re busy being gay for 5 caps.
Skillfaking, default hunting, this game is becoming more and more like CS.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

reCon

mb its good to play against skilled guys.. U can learn from them!

for science

Tbh if they’re skill faking and also being dicks about it during game… if you’re playing on a server that doesn’t have the class limits enforced just all go spy with C&D and hide :D :D

Edd

T2P

I’m the only mid+ medic in div 5.

Loe

I for myself like to play offclass with my mentees, because from that position I can show them how it’s supposed to be done and do some calling without ghosting other teams.

I often experience lower teams to either flame me because I play with my mentees _offclass_ or because I am spectating.
What are we/am I supposed to do? The stv delay keeps me from giving them direct feedback on what they did wrong or right last round.

Stop crying and be grateful, we try to improve some teams’ gameplay in order to keep tf2 alive.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

What are we/am I supposed to do? The stv delay keeps me from giving them direct feedback on what they did wrong or right last round.

Ermmm isn’t that the idea of the delay? Can’t you set the delay at 0 on your own server? Surely you can wait untill after the match to give the advice? Make notes and tell them after? No? Impossible? I think not.

Loe

In order to improve their gamestyle round after round ( not mid-round) it’s better to give them the feedback after each round so they can try out these changes against the same opponents where these situations most likely will happen again; not after the match when they are disappointed about these situations and will forget half of the things I tell them because they don’t practice them right away.

Setting stv_delay to 0 would change what? If I set stv_delay to 0 I could’ve gone spec in the first place.

Monkeh

Point taken, but at least on STV delay 0 you wouldn’t get the hassle because the opponents wouldn’t know? Of course this assumes you will be good enough not to cheat and give away enemy positions etc. but it would be better than sitting in spectate. Just an idea.

Edit: stv_delay 5-10 or something?
Give advice at round end, before the mid battle begins?

Last edited by Monkeh,

bulletproofsmurf

Vuze.

+1 for Tikcus’ thoughts.

Thanks for taking the discussion seriously. I wasn’t proposing anything necessarily, I just thought it is a largely undiscussed issue and wanted to know the community’s thoughts on it.

Moronic comments from people like zerker just put people off commenting honestly in these forums

Loe

Give advice at round end, before the mid battle begins?

That’s exactly what I meant by saying round after round

A mentor that tells his mentees the position of the other team is useless, I wouldn’t do that.

I agree on higher skilled players playing onclass in low advertised teams being lameasses. But let them play offclass, it’s not a big deal. :)

Monkeh

I agree on higher skilled players playing onclass in low advertised teams being lameasses. But let them play offclass, it’s not a big deal. :)

+1

Playing better players may require some KY at times, but it’s the best way to learn.
Watch the STV later if it’s on your server, see how you sucked.

Also agree about the ladder, it’s bound to take shape and it’s easy to quickly arrange a game with those around you, or your skill level. I just have a look at the teams etf2l page and see results and league placings. You’ll quickly get an idea if a team is ‘worthy’, ‘superior’ or ‘pass me the KY’, kind of level.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Monkeh

I got that on STV too, it was AWESOME!

xtala

I RLY HATE SKILL FAKE!!!!!!! sry I just HAD to say it aloud!!

i just want 2 play with my friends vs. equal sKILL pepole AND THEN XZAR and his lackeys has to ruin it BECAUSE HE WANTS TO MAKE FU NOF US! I mean comeo n really guys at least not let him play in s7…

SHUT UP YOU GOT BANNED FOR AIMBOTTING ON A PUBLIC

xD

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Just ran into a couple of them today. Was going to mix a bit with a mate and some other random div4/5 dudes. So naturally they looked for a mid- game, only to end up with a finish mix consisting of top div2 and div1 players. I’m not going to mention names, lets just say they were pretty high profile players. Even when people like that play off class they easily outskill div4/5 players that play their main. Stuff like that makes me sad, why do such a thing? I don’t enjoy stomping some lower div teams with my main team or a mid+ mix.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 10 Next »