Forum

Cheating, unsportsmanlike or just damn fine thinking?

Created 20th November 2009 @ 23:39

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

The reason people dont like this is because it takes away a huge dynamic from the game in respect to all the classes.

No it doesn’t, it takes this dynamic and kicks the skill level of it up a notch.

Last edited by klu,

Ijantis

The reason people dont like this is because it takes away a huge dynamic from the game in respect to all the classes.

No it doesn’t, it takes this dynamic and kicks the skill level of it up a notch.

how?

gryzor

YoYoTech?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

It’s fucking fine you crying bastards.
Just man up and doff your hat to the team who out-thinks you :P

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s fucking fine you crying bastards.
Just man up and doff your hat to the team who out-thinks you :P

Maybe we need to get Loco to run in trains even more so you can med :P

alfa

TOO MANY RULES. LESS RULES PLZ. MYE HED HURTS

Ye thats what all people are saying.We should run 3 demomans and no soldiers

David

[CLAN] [LOW+] SOLDIER

Must also play medic + demo well enough so when he dies you change to him! If interested contact me @ irc

nvc

We used to do that in level up in various classes :)

Voyager I

aH

I’m against this as a Medic, just because it means I might be held accountable for my inability to frag ;)

No, but seriously, if you have a team that’s diversely talented enough that they can all quickly fill in for needed classes without gimping themselves and coordinated enough to do it without breaking limits or missing something important, more power to ’em.

I’d actually had this idea a while back, but never bothered actually trying it. Probably because I can’t aim.

Last edited by Voyager I,

RUJa

STD

The point some are missing, is if a team has two players who can play demo or two players that can play medic to the same or similar standard, they can use this to avoid the 15 seconds respawn time when defending, possible gaining uber advantage, or a nice unexpected stickie trap etc

So? If they have that skill, they deserve the right to use it to the team’s advantage. Players’ versatility is rewarded, that is.

Snyyppis

RLM

On most occasions class switching should be considered a valid, skillful tactic and I agree…

But on badlands last point (and this is the only scenario I despise), it takes a scout just a couple of seconds to peak back to spawn and change to demo just to get some spam on the point and prevent a sure cap. After that he can switch back to scout, even before the real demo spawns and all is fine again. No ‘damn fine thinking’ there really.

But that’s just badlands… Who play’s badlands anyway!?

jason

PHX

The respawn timer is there for a reason. Any team that circumvents the respawn timer are bending the rules not breaking them.

There are arguments regarding the medic dropping – is this not what the player dropping rule is for?

I played comp paintball a few years back and there is a rule that states you can call a field marshal to check an opposition player if you think you have hit them. Rule bending started to come into play when teams constantly made calls on the opposite team meaning that the marshals were all up the other end of the field watching the opposition very closely.
It’s not actually rule breaking but it is unsportsmanlike.

Another problem is that it is hard to check that teams are sticking exactly to the rules. You would have to watch the stv of your matches to make sure that the class limits are being adhered to.

It also makes TF2 even more difficult for new spectators to understand.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

I played comp paintball a few years back and there is a rule that states you can call a field marshal to check an opposition player if you think you have hit them. Rule bending started to come into play when teams constantly made calls on the opposite team meaning that the marshals were all up the other end of the field watching the opposition very closely.
It’s not actually rule breaking but it is unsportsmanlike..

Had the same problem around here when I was into it, lamest “tactic” ever :P

Then again in tf2, I’d call it as fair, since the player still has to be good at that class for it to actually be worthwhile, and the person they’re swapping with as well.

I’d call it as lame, but not cheating :)

dunc

infs
dp.

But on badlands last point (and this is the only scenario I despise), it takes a scout just a couple of seconds to peak back to spawn and change to demo just to get some spam on the point and prevent a sure cap. After that he can switch back to scout, even before the real demo spawns and all is fine again. No ‘damn fine thinking’ there really.

If that’s all that is stopping you from capping BL CP1 I don’t really think you deserve to cap it anyway :D

Krakyn

rEJ

This is a perfectly good tactic, if a team can do it and not suffer horribly when it comes time to push out with key classes being played by people that are off class they deserve the advantage.

If you’re not checking chokes for traps all the time your medic must get jumped by hidden soldiers and scouts all the time and I pity them for the extra time they have to spend watching you flail around death matching without heals.

Respawn waves are there to balance pub servers and force some teamwork amongst people who spawn together. They aren’t designed to force a specific class to be missing in the bastardised monster of 6v6 competitive TF2. If someone beats you with this it means they have a greater ability to play and think about the game and you deserve to lose.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »