Forum

Cant log into steam

Created 30th October 2009 @ 11:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Harps

MM

ok i try to log into steam and the conecting to my username comes up and never changes ive sat there for 20 mins waiting for it to load and nothing happens help?

randa

probably because your bent..

safety smiley 8)

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

we nearly couldn’t play an official yesterday because kaidus had this exact bug. I think you should pm him on IRC, he’s sorted it now.

kaidus

WiK?

I had the same issue which pretty much eventuated in me reinstalling steam. None of the regular fixes (removing clientregistry etc etc) did shit. Even after the reinstall the same thing happened, just tried a few times and it “fluked” it’s way to logging on apparently and has been fine since.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Had the same problem yesterday, took around 40 minutes of deleting the blob files and trying the update again, again and again then sucess it loaded and i didnt dare log off steam for ages!

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

I’ve had similar problems for a while, at least once a week steam just won’t log in and I have to mess around deleting blobs and restarting in order to get it to eventually log on. One thing I found helps is to make sure you’re not using your internet connection anywhere else whilst you connect to steam. If I’ve got something downloading or irc is connecting I think that causes problems.

Harps

MM

hmm think its fixed now
not to sure
but well see…..

Become

GoT<3
HoT<3

For me it hang during the updating and saying it couldn’t remove steam.exe (probably needed for the update). Removing blob files and the files “steamnew.exe”and “steamtmp.exe” in the steamfolder fixed it for me.

Ps; do make a backup of the files in case it doesn’t fix it for you.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Took about 20 minutes for me to log in yesterday. Just a continous cycle of deleting clientregistry.blob, running steam, update hanging, end steam.exe and start again.

AnAkkk

Took about 20 minutes for me to log in yesterday. Just a continous cycle of deleting clientregistry.blob, running steam, update hanging, end steam.exe and start again.

Same for me.

Sp00ky

yeah i get all of these problems regularly, i also tried deleting .blob and still hangs on update so i deleted everything in steam except steamapps and re-install steam. seems to be ok now until next steam update.

Its F***ing annoying cus its not just tf2 u can’t play but all your games steam really needs to sort this out 1000s of people have the same problem.

kolox

obs.

Just got this problem, deleting clientregistry + restarting atm

DominiX

sP.

One question – are you using any high fps configs, huds and others? I haven’t used any unknown configuring and haven’t got any problem joining to steam. Just have to find the core of problem, maybe all of you have a same thing in use, that messes around steam executable.

If you’re worried that something could happen to your precious files, just to a backup in a safe place ( preferably on another hard drive or smthn ) for your steamapps folder, and in case of any problem – just reinstal the steam and copy your steamapps back in.

I’ve had this a good bit just sequence of deleting blob, ragequitting my computer etc. Also agree that if your internet connection isn’t doing anything else it helps. Oh and I use an fps config and hud.

Last edited by daithi1,

Add A Reply Pages: 1