Forum

How to import/export in premiere?

Created 20th October 2009 @ 16:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Yes, yes, I know. I’m probably just being blind and retarded but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to import a project in the size of the original source file. I’ve recorded several avis in 1280×720, but the only choices I have in importing them in premiere puts them at 1080×720 or some shit like that, and exporting is even worse which scales the thing down to 720×480 or something like that.

Skyride

DUCS

What vesion of premiere? :S

You don’t need to pick an input format for files. You should just be able to click “Import File” and that should be it.

Adobe Premiere Pro (got it with the CS4 master collection). After selecting new project I get another popup asking me to select a format for new sequence. This is what puts it out of whack since none of the options have a resolution of 1280×720.

Skyride

DUCS

ignore this post

Last edited by Skyride,

saiboat

F1

ignore this post

I actually just tried that, and the second I did “render effects in work area” to preview everything went all out of whack.

Putting 1280×720 as resolution, Premiere claims it’s a ratio of 8:3 :S

EDIT: even better. I tried to export it thinking it was just the preview being weird, but when I press export Premiere crashes.

F1

I found exactly fuck all. That help is about as useful as a pair of Donkey balls right now.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Skyride

DUCS

Right, ok, heres the solution (just loaded Premiere CS4 to check im right as ive been working 95% of the time in AE recently).

After you click new project, Go to the sequence samples tab and pick the folder HDV, then click “HDV 720p25”. That should give you what your looking for. ;)

Skyride

DUCS

F1

I lol’d, All the CS apps are bloody massive with about a million and one tools and options, the Help file would be bigger than the program if they documented it fully. :P

Right, ok, heres the solution (just loaded Premiere CS4 to check im right as ive been working 95% of the time in AE recently).

After you click new project, Go to the sequence samples tab and pick the folder HDV, then click “HDV 720p25”. That should give you what your looking for. ;)

Funny thing that. I have not got a “sequence samples” tab. Here’s what I see: http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/joost1702/Clipboard01-8.jpg

Mari

catgirl.tf

If you’re talking about the presets window, then there should be an option called “Desktop” available from the first drop-down menu under the General tab (Editing mode or something like that). If you have that selected you can change the overall resolution of the project and other settings to whatever you want, and make your own preset basically.

If it isn’t there or you’re talking about something different altogether then ignore what I just said.

Last edited by Mari,

Skyride

DUCS

If you’re talking about the presets window, then there should be an option called “Desktop” available from the first drop-down menu under the General tab (Editing mode or something like that). If you have that selected you can change the overall resolution of the project and other settings to whatever you want, and make your own preset basically.

If it isn’t there or you’re talking about something different altogether then ignore that.

Thats what he was talking about, except your forgetting about frame rate and pixel aspect ratio settings. :P

If it isn’t there or you’re talking about something different altogether then ignore what I just said.

Tried that and everything goes all screwy when trying to render in work area or just flatout crashes when trying to export.

Here’s what I see on new sequence: http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/joost1702/Clipboard01-9.jpg

Add A Reply Pages: 1