Forum

"issued too many commands to server"

Created 7th June 2018 @ 23:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1

juan

adios

i started getting kicked from servers with this message “issued too many commands to server” after tonight’s update ( 07-06-2018) anyone know what the fuck is happening??

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Its probably a side effect of them blocking the lagbots that where on pubs a lot. Would need additional data on what you have running that could potentially be causing you to send too many commands.

Edit. Apparently people have been having the same issue when using a crosshair/xhair switcher?

Last edited by Aoshi,

juan

adios

turns out I just need to not spam the mousewheel like a fucking autist

Last edited by juan,

moraignk

Having just rebuilt my machine after a HDD failure, and with a completely clean install of TF2 yesterday, I have exactly this problem. Even a single rotation notch of the mousewheel appears to send dozens of switch-weapon commands, for an immediate kick.

Any ideas?

juan

adios

unbind the mousewheel

moraignk

Well, yes, that would stop the mousewheel from being “overactive”. But that’s no different to saying “don’t use the mousewheel”!

I’ve played TF2 for years, and this has never been a problem before. I’ve used mousewheel weapon switching for a long time. I was hoping there’d be a solution to get back to the previous behaviour, rather than a solution which is “don’t use it”…

Just to be clear: this is a clean install with default key bindings. I’m not doing anything clever.

Last edited by moraignk,

moraignk

Aaaand for whatever reason, it’s now stopped happening.

I hate computers sometimes.

juan

adios

it’s because of lagbots in pubs

Last edited by juan,

Add A Reply Pages: 1