Certificate problem /Mumble

Created 2nd January 2017 @ 00:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Elite

YG
Houssem

Good evening,

For several days, I can’t access in any Mumble server; it’s said:
“SSL failed: The hostname does not match any of the valid hosts for this certificate
SSL failed: The certificate is not secure because self-signed ”

I tried to say “yes” to this message but it still appears, I tried to uninstall mumble, removed all folders and download a new version… but it’s already same. I tried to change my name and create a new certificate.. without consequences.

Furthermore, I have lost all my favorites with this bug and I can’t put new favorites anymore…
And I noticed that I can’t join PUG mumble for example, but I can join TF2Center mumble.. I don’t understand…

If you can help me, thank you to give me solutions !!

Regards.

Maccy

Bully

I had an almost identical problem to this about 6 months ago. The way I resolved it was by making a new user on my computer and using that user instead…if that wouldn’t be too much hassle that may fix the issue <3

Elite

YG
Houssem

Quoted from Maccy

I had an almost identical problem to this about 6 months ago. The way I resolved it was by making a new user on my computer and using that user instead…if that wouldn’t be too much hassle that may fix the issue <3

Do you have only this solution? I can’t do that only for mumble :O Would be so complicated..

Maccy

Bully

Quoted from Elite

[…]

Do you have only this solution? I can’t do that only for mumble :O Would be so complicated..

Sorry man, that’s the only way I know that might fix it :(

adje

Mumble should make an automatic back-up of your old certificate and save it somewhere in your Documents folder. It’s called ‘MumbleAutomaticCertificateBackup.p12’. If you can find it/still have it, try importing it. I had a similar issue when I made a certificate for the first time and that seemed to fix it.

Elite

YG
Houssem

Quoted from adje

Mumble should make an automatic back-up of your old certificate and save it somewhere in your Documents folder. It’s called ‘MumbleAutomaticCertificateBackup.p12’. If you can find it/still have it, try importing it. I had a similar issue when I made a certificate for the first time and that seemed to fix it.

Since I removed and re-installed mumble I don’t think this back-up is always there, I looked for, but I don’t find it..
I tried http://www.mumble.com/support/mumble-creating-a-certificate.php too but without consequences…
I don’t understand why even if I removed mumble I can’t re-build a new folder without mistakes..

Elite

YG
Houssem

Ok well, after a long time to search, I’ve finally found THE solution.
In fact, every time I removed mumble from my computer, I don’t remove mumble totally, because some folder is hidden.
So if you have this kind of problem, you need to:
-removed mumble
-removed the folder “mumble” in programs files
AND -removed the folder “mumble” in AppData/Roaming (you need to unhide it)
Then, you can reinstall it :)

Perfect !
Thank you for all people who tried to help me !!

Regards !
Q+

Last edited by Elite,

Add A Reply Pages: 1