Forum

TF2 freeze & sound loop - help

Created 27th September 2016 @ 19:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

fl1p

yo all,

i need help.
I have a strange issue with my TF2 and day of defeat source aswell.

So,
i can play like 10 mins with any issues but after a certain amount of time, my game litteraly freeze and i get the sound loop.
The only way to solve the issue is to restart my computer.

ps: “i dont get any BSOD, its just like artifacts”

I tried reinstall my game, verify the cache, update my graphics drivers

Nothing work, any ideas?

Last edited by fl1p,

celvn

im getting the same when I overclock my grafix card maybe you have the same issue

Same issue returned to me again.
Used to have this problem years ago where the problem was with my Asus soundcard driver (have one? then thats prolly the issue).

But now that’s fixed and ive started to crash again so thats most likely not the issue

I underclocked my GPUs and had their coolingfans at full throttle, still crashed so its probably something else (CPU overheat maybe?)

fl1p

hey ,

the strange fact is that im not getting this on every others games.
My graphics card is stock values, i mean i didnt overclock it.
I didnt overclock my cpu aswell.

yeah i do have an external audio card “Asus xonar audio device”

Last edited by fl1p,

Sketch

MM

sounds like a driver failure. also if the problem is cou bound the issue may not rear its head in less cpu demanding titles.

same with a memory issue. try taking all but one stick out to test for a faulty stick.

could be anything. you are best off on toms hardware or linus tech forums for issues like this.

@fl1p Yeah I had the issue with my external “Xonar DS audio driver” where the issue got fixed when I got the latest driver (or I installed an older driver). Try googling it, I remember it being answered on some forum

fl1p

Really oh man, ok im gonna try thanks dude

fl1p

Fuck still not working.
I’ve tried to install “Xonar DS audio driver”, but looks like its change anything.
But it seem I crash most faster than before I can barely access to the game for 2-3 seconds

Last edited by fl1p,

Nightmare

wL.

Just install a clean windows, easiest way to solve your problems ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Shellfish Clive

8D

I used to have this problem, the way around it was. I reinstalled Day of Defeat: Source, then once it was installed again I changed the launch options on Half Life: Deathmatch to the following ” ” once I did that I launch the game again and once Half Life was open, I opened Day of Defeat: Source (Side by Side) but Steam told me that I already had Half Life: Deathmatch open so I couldn’t open Day of Defeat: Source. So I closed Half Life: Deathmatch and reopened Day of Defeat: Source but then it didn’t work so I thought of another idea that could possible fix it.

I know my sound used to loop when I used to type a message to my friend on X-Fire, the problem was, was that I had a program downloaded called “Program Closer Keybinder 0.7v unregistered free version (for personal use only)”. Now I know you are thinking how could this program cause the issue, well; this program closed programs by programming a hotkey in the program that closes programs to close other programs. All in all, X-Fire had “Shift and F2” to to open the overlay for X-Fire however the Program Closer Keybinder 0.7v unregistered free version (for personal use only) program has a keybind for “Shift” to close all programs I have open unexpectedly (forcing them to crash) I didn’t notice this at first because I sticky keys and caps look to access symbols and capital letters but I use tab to crouch so I would accidentally hit shift by accident sometimes and this would close my Call of Duty: 4 Modern Warfare and crash it.

Hope this helps.

Clive

Add A Reply Pages: 1