Forum

Bball respawn time

Created 10th May 2015 @ 14:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Let’s say I’m going to host a bball cup, is real bball being played with or without the freezecam ?

Pete_

PrettyGay

Good question but everyone is going to say something different.
All in all if you have freezecam enabled it’s going to be much more relying on thought through gameplay and dm, wheras if you have it disabled it’s going to be much more relying on quick jumps and general fast-paced decision making.
Up to you I guess.

Last edited by Pete_,

moursi

(Big Poppa)
bobs

Pretty sure it’s without the freezecam.

retz

Today basically all public bball servers have no freezecam, but the standard bball config is with the freezecam I think, though I bet the majority of the players would prefer it without freezecam since it’s more fast paced.

If we’re going to talk about “real bball” I think it should be with freezecam.

Clark

SDCK!

Bball has always been played with a freezecam, and although the absence of it makes the game more fast-paced, it almost exclusively makes it dm-based, which is not what bball’s all about. It’s about putting the ball into the net without getting killed.

Last edited by Clark,

stephen

freezecam please

kaptain

wG

Quoted from Clark

Bball has always been played with a freezecam, and although the absence of it makes the game more fast-paced, it almost exclusively makes it dm-based, which is not what bball’s all about. It’s about putting the ball into the net without getting killed.

I think you’ve got it the wrong way around, or at least in my experience playing with a freezecam makes it more dm based (since you can just kill them and cap while they’re respawning rather than having to jump and dodge them while capping).

OT: It’s preference I think, I prefer without a freezecam since it just turns into 2v2 and cap while they’re dead if there is a freezecam.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from kaptain

[…]

I think you’ve got it the wrong way around, or at least in my experience playing with a freezecam makes it more dm based (since you can just kill them and cap while they’re respawning rather than having to jump and dodge them while capping).

OT: It’s preference I think, I prefer without a freezecam since it just turns into 2v2 and cap while they’re dead if there is a freezecam.

I’m most confident I didn’t.

Without a freezecam it’s “kill, jump to cap, get killed” and then the same thing only the other way around until someone misses their airshot or their shotgun won’t be denying enough. Lots of meat, let me tell you.

I do agree that with the slower respawns it can sometimes turn into a 2v2 arena ammomod, but it’s generally way more balanced for the the originally intended purpose of this game mode, that I have already stated above.

Netsky

Quoted from Clark

Without a freezecam it’s “kill, jump to cap, get killed” and then the same thing only the other way around until someone misses their airshot or their shotgun won’t be denying enough.

That’s basically the reason why I opted in favour of the freezecam in the cfg (IIRC)
Eventhough I dislike the respawn time myself – imho it rewards better playstyle instead of mindless body piling action.
On that note – suicide should be allowed as you give yourself a timeout to come back at full health which can be disastrous when timed badly, but a huge boon if done well. (again my own opinion)

Last edited by Netsky,

kaptain

wG

Quoted from Clark

[…]

I’m most confident I didn’t.

Without a freezecam it’s “kill, jump to cap, get killed” and then the same thing only the other way around until someone misses their airshot or their shotgun won’t be denying enough. Lots of meat, let me tell you.

I do agree that with the slower respawns it can sometimes turn into a 2v2 arena ammomod, but it’s generally way more balanced for the the originally intended purpose of this game mode, that I have already stated above.

Fair enough I suppose, but while being killed by respawners might be annoying I personally prefer it (since you can still dodge airshots – shotgun denying might be a problem though) over a freezecam, since the last time I played a cup (so people will actually try hard to win) with a freezecam, it just turned into 2v2 ammomod as you said.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

It’s personal preference I feel. Just like playing with or without gunboats.

I prefer no freezecam and gunboats for more airshot opportunities.

Kilgors

plēve

freezecam on, because it adds more depth to the game.

Freeman

ha-ha
-9D-

+1 for freezecam on

quintosh

wL.

freezecam on

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Alfie

It’s personal preference I feel. Just like playing with or without gunboats.

I prefer no freezecam and gunboats for more airshot opportunities.

This.
Tbh should also make gunboats mandatory, shotgun in bball is so gay

More jumps, more airshot, more excitement

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »