Forum

TF2 freezes when streaming with OBS

Created 22nd March 2015 @ 18:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1

nole

BWB

I wanted to stream TF2 a bit for the sake of my 2 twitch followers and everytime i try and stream it, it just freezes/stays at one frame. I can still click on things and i can hear that it’s doing something like going to inventory or just closing the game but it stays at that one frame where i started streaming. This happens on other games as well. probably because of the fullscreen. but i don’t want to play with windowed mode since your games doesn’t feel completely smooth while playing in window mode. are there any options i might did wrong which causes this problem? I googled the problem and nothing helped me. maybe someone here know something about that problem?

this is evil evil

OBS is still freeware, so it’s not like Xsplit where they always keep it up-to-date, to make sure it works well with the latest drivers and games. You could always try using Xsplit to see if the same issue happens, but my guess is that I won’t happen with Xsplit. If you insist on using OBS you might want to try requesting help here as well: https://obsproject.com/forum/list/bug-reports.6/ / https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/problem-make-sure-to-post-a-log-and-or-crash-dump-howto.14153/

P.S: When posting on the OBS forum, be more specific about what hardware you are using, driver versions/software version etc. Also make sure to note if it’s ever worked before or if it’s a new setup.

EDIT: Include a DXDIAG report as well, that’s always very helpful and informative about your setup.

Last edited by this is evil evil,

nole

BWB

I should have added that it worked on my old PC before. But suddenly on my new PC it doesn’t. I’ll try and ask in their forums. Thanks for the help :)

Kengur

Did you use AMD accelerated version?

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

I wish I could help you. I had this exact same problem where I could hear the game going on in the background but cannot click on anything. It solved itself :S

this is evil evil

Seems he already got help on the OBS Forum: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/any-fullscreen-game-starts-freezing-when-i-start-streaming.26231/

Disable your razor software, and it should work :)

Last Game Capture Log:
2015-03-22, 18:34:36: we’re booting up:
18:34:36: CaptureThread: attached to process hl2.exe
18:34:36: D3D9 Present
18:34:36: WARNING: Another hook is already present while trying to hook dxgi.dll, hook target is unknown. If you experience crashes, try disabling the other hooking application
18:34:36: WARNING: Another hook is already present while trying to hook dxgi.dll, hook target is unknown. If you experience crashes, try disabling the other hooking application
18:34:36: DXGI Present
18:34:36: WARNING: Another hook is already present while trying to hook gdi32.dll, hook target is DeviceHarddiskVolume3Program Files (x86)RazerInGameEngine32bitRzDspSrv.dll. If you experience crashes, try disabling the other hooking application

Add A Reply Pages: 1