Forum

External HDD is not recognized by the laptop every time I plug it in after TV.

Created 17th January 2015 @ 02:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Clark

SDCK!

*UPD* For the last couple of days my laptop doesn’t recognize HDD every time I plug it in after unplugging from the TV.

Basically what that means is that every time I plug it into the laptop after using it with the TV I have to reinstall the driver to make it recognized again which is a kind of annoying.

*OLD-SOLVED* So basically what the topic title says.

Bought it 6 weeks ago, completely new, it started happening about 3 weeks ago, but I didn’t pay any attention.

Now it’s happening every time I try to download something straight to HDD about one minute in and/or while using the files on HDD straight from HDD (like watching a movie).

P.S. It never happens when I use it with my TV to watch something, only with laptop.

P.S.S. It was an expensive HDD, I would really hate if there was an internal problem with it, so please, help.

Last edited by Clark,

Hergan

Do you have any other computers to test the drive on? If yes, do it, if it will happen on it too, then it’s possible there’s something wrong the drive, but if it doesn’t then it’s highly possible your computer is a problem

Clark

SDCK!

It’s only happening on my laptop, and I’m pretty sure I got what the problem is and it is different usb cables connected to 2.0 usb ports on my laptop which somehow conflict with a 3.0 usb cable of my drive. Need a solution on how to fix it though.

Quoted from Clark

It’s only happening on my laptop, and I’m pretty sure I got what the problem is and it is different usb cables connected to 2.0 usb ports on my laptop which somehow conflict with a 3.0 usb cable of my drive. Need a solution on how to fix it though.

USB 2.0 is compatible with USB 3.0, it just lowers the bandwidth, so that shouldn’t be the case. Try different USB port?

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from pntn

[…]

USB 2.0 is compatible with USB 3.0, it just lowers the bandwidth, so that shouldn’t be the case. Try different USB port?

No, let me rephrase, my 3.0 external drive is connected to my 3.0 usb port of laptop, but I also have two more usb ports (one 3.0, one 2.0) which are both busy with my mouse and keyboard. But I will try using different port, thanks, see if that works.

Clark

SDCK!

I’m not necroposting, just updating. The initial problem was solved, but for the last couple of days my laptop doesn’t recognize HDD every time I plug it in after unplugging from the TV.

Basically what that means is that every time I plug it into the laptop after using it with the TV I have to reinstall the driver to make it recognized again which is a kind of annoying.

Add A Reply Pages: 1