Forum

PREC isn't even loading

Created 25th October 2014 @ 17:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Kenraali

Title.

PREC isn’t loading at all.

It’s correctly installed, I’ve tried reinstalling PREC several times, reinstalled TF2, verified integrity of the game cache but it still isn’t loading. (No message on console saying that PREC has been loaded)

Tried both 2.06 and 2.05, have 2.05 installed now.

lune

prec_mode 2?

Kenraali

No no, you see if I try to put PREC commands in the console, the console says they are unknown commands. As if PREC isn’t installed but it is.

ash

(Legend)
:D

can you please paste the exact path of where you installed prec.dll – starting with /tf/

Kenraali

C:Program Files (x86)->Steam->steamapps->common->Team Fortress 2->tf->custom->PREC2.0.5->prec->addons

E: backslash isnt showing up for some reason or refuses to edit the post…

And in that folder is the .dll file.

Last edited by Kenraali,

Setsul

Should be addons not precaddons.

Kenraali

^Typo. It is prec->addons.

Shawns

It should be custom->prec->addons and not custom->PREC 2.0.5->prec->addons. There’s one folder you need to get rid of.

Last edited by Shawns,

Kenraali

^Thank you, that worked!

It was packaged that way though. I think the author should fix it.

Shawns

You’re welcome :p I don’t think there’s anything to fix though. When I extract the content of the archive, there’s just the “prec” folder, nothing like “PREC 2.0.5″. It was probably just you imo.

Last edited by Shawns,

AnimaL

Quoted from Kenraali

^Thank you, that worked!

It was packaged that way though. I think the author should fix it.

depends where u got prec from

Zorlix

I have the same problem, but everything seems to be installed in the right locations… I have no idea what’s not working. I have followed installation tutorials and I can see no reason for it to not work, but there is no sign of it even being installed.

ash

(Legend)

can you please paste the exact path of where you installed prec.dll – starting with /tf/

Zorlix

tf/custom/prec/addons – Which has PREC.cfg, .dll and .vgf
tf/custom/prec/sound – sound.cache

ash

(Legend)

Weird. you get anything when you type prec_info into console?

Have you tried putting the addons folder directly into /tf, so its /tf/addons/prec.dll ? (even though thats the outdated, pre-steampipe path it still works for some).

Whats your operating system?

Last edited by ash,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »