Forum

Worst Internet EU

Created 22nd July 2014 @ 21:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

So||o Wo|o

BESTIⱯS

Got time to deeply look into this since this is getting ridiculous.

So, basically my connection is trash, i know; but i can’t even use anything that uses internet (Steam-TF2, any web browser, etc). I’m the only one in my house to have this problem

Problem: Unstable (especially when playing)

It just connects and drops all the f***ing time and when connection is established (that is, i ‘have’ access to internet) nothing occurs when i surf the net or either takes a million years to load. Can’t even watch 20secs of a video at mobile quality

Things done to ‘fix’ it:
-Un/Re-install & update netcard drivers
-Reconfigure several times internet services (netcard, firewall)
-Disabling Firewall (both windows and antivirus) and antivirus
-Switching internet security utilities (Security Essentials – Avast – Comodo) and doing full-scans to discard possible malware
-Tried on another network card (no changes noticed); different wifi channels
-Tried to aim antennas and computer; re-located microwave (it’s between my router and PC)
-Phoned ISP like once every 2 months for the last year and half including a new router (& configured by a tech), raise internet bandwidth to the maximum my house can handle (6 Mb)
-Restored TCP/IP protocols, adapter, router reconfiguration (including QoS, ports…), blablabla
-Tweaking TF2 rates; tried steam using -tcp mode; (warps warps warps everywhere)
– ~50 Loss (in TF) constantly; choke spikes up to 120 (then the ‘in’ reaches ~4000) while being in any server
-Followed the regedit tricks that could solve potential lags and other related ‘guides’ about
-CAN’T use LAN (unless i use 40 meter-long cable or a PLC, which are not options). CAN’T change ISP (family refusing to)
-Formatting and using different OS (Vista-7 -using vista atm since it’s the only DVD i have, W7 weights too much to download :/ )
-In case i manage some stability in tf2, it keeps warp-inducing choke spikes. Also lags harder when speaking in mumb (TCP mode, not QoS at a shit quality)

Maybe i’m forgetting things, i’m a bit desperate and i don’t want this to make me quit tf2. Please help

My router is an Alpha ASL-26555 provided by my ISP.

TF2 Network rates:
//Bad Connection
cl_cmdrate 40
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 40
rate 35000

http://pastebin.com/pnxP03T2 <- System Specs
http://pastebin.com/UF5p6kR9 <- Speed Guide Net Analyzer Results
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-20753-a6cfc0cd-1b26-464c-b83d <- ICSI Netalyzr Results

Last edited by So||o Wo|o,

bub

Thanks for the info. World is now a better place.

AnimaL

:D

you want us to tell you to get new family?

deathyy

Open't

Have you considering investing in a better ISP?

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

my record was 24000 ping in mumble
beat that

So||o Wo|o

BESTIⱯS

If you don’t plan to help please don’t post ^^

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from So||o Wo|o

If you don’t plan to help please don’t post ^^

get a new isp or stop using a wifi router

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

-Phoned ISP like once every 2 months for the last year and half including a new router (& configured by a tech), raise internet bandwidth to the maximum my house can handle (6 Mb)

so, that’s when you decided the quality of your connection was poor. What happened on your new ISP?

So||o Wo|o

BESTIⱯS

get a new isp or stop using a wifi router

Can’t use LAN. Can’t change ISP either. Read above…

so, that’s when you decided the quality of your connection was poor. What happened on your new ISP?

My conn turned from decent to poor and i started claiming the only ISP i’ve had to fix whatever was happening from their side. Been trying to convince family to change to better ISP or just update the house cables (no success).

Therefore all i can do is either look for an optimal configuration or upgrade hardware

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from So||o Wo|o

I’m afraid you won’t manage to get any big improvements then :/

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from So||o Wo|o

[…]

well gl having shitty internet then

kaidus

WiK?

Why is getting a really long cable not an option? I don’t understand how you can go to all the hassle you have done so far but spending 20 euros on a cable is out of the question.

jay

Synergy™

have you tried turning it off and on again

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from kaidus

Why is getting a really long cable not an option? I don’t understand how you can go to all the hassle you have done so far but spending 20 euros on a cable is out of the question.

It’s not even as much as that, I recently bought a 30m cable for £5 and it works perfectly.

jay

Synergy™

On a more serious note, try these:
1. Is anyone else in your family ever using the internet? Do something about that
2. Get a cable
3. Explain to your family that your life depends on the internet working
4. Doing a clean reinstall of windows + formatting your hardrive, installing just adapter drivers (if needed) and post results from speedtest.net and maybe pinging google -n 25 or w/e
5. Shut down all other devices in the house, test again

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »