Forum

High div players joining lower divs during season.

Created 28th May 2014 @ 22:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Gross

B5

Quoted from snappe

[…]

You must be keen gamers, if you allowed huhy to play still when he was unverified<3

By the way, your sarcasm is not in theme, because Huhy will play against other team in div3A (being confirmed) and next opponents in week 4, what they must will do versus him, forced focus? I think he is will not play long time in team level which div2/3, and this depressing me.

P.S. Huhy doesn’t have GOD skillz, but he is BIG advantage for team div3, we need edit rules etf2l, which will not allow add prem or div1 players in team roster, if team lower on 2 levels, for example if season already started.

arc

iSlam

huhy? prem?

BIGGEST JOKE OF THIS THREAD.

doks

Wow. Much whine. Much need cheese.

But to be srs for a moment – it does suck that players play in lower divs, but get over it. Prove that you are able to win your opponents or be 2nd in your division if that team is so strong. It shouldnt stop you from going to higher divs next season.

Quoted from Gross

[…]

By the way, your sarcasm is not in theme, because Huhy will play against other team in div3A (being confirmed) and next opponents in week 4, what they must will do versus him, forced focus? I think he is will not play long time in team level which div2/3, and this depressing me.

P.S. Huhy doesn’t have GOD skillz, but he is BIG advantage for team div3, we need edit rules etf2l, which will not allow add prem or div1 players in team roster, if team lower on 2 levels, for example if season already started.

My comment actually doesnt have any sarcasm in it. I was implying that you are keen gamers and have good sportmanship to allow such a player like huhy to play even when you can deny it. Or it can also show that you didnt know you could have denied huhy playing.

E: I see no need of rule here to prevent higher div players to play in lower divs. Please, let people to play and have fun with who they want.

Last edited by snappe,

jacat

Quoted from snappe

[…]

My comment actually doesnt have any sarcasm in it. I was implying that you are keen gamers and have good sportmanship to allow such a player like huhy to play even when you can deny it. Or it can also show that you didnt know you could have denied huhy playing.

don’t listen to him he’s vasya :)

Dikker

4-25

Quoted from doks

Wow. Much whine. Much need cheese.

But to be srs for a moment – it does suck that players play in lower divs, but get over it. Prove that you are able to win your opponents or be 2nd in your division if that team is so strong. It shouldnt stop you from going to higher divs next season.

this^

u will never be good if u will afraid to play against better players

almightybob

.ps

Quoted from roban

Just why? I would think that this would require much more work from admins since they should look at all reports of “too good players” in lower divs

Not really, for a few reasons:

1) under the system I proposed, any player who has never played above div4 would not be affected no matter what class they play. So the only players who might be restricted are those who have played prem – div3, a much smaller pool of players.

2) it would be fairly simple to have affected movements flagged automatically. Whenever a player plays an official in div X, their ETF2L profile is tagged (visibly or invisibly) with div X if X >= Y, their current tagged div. Then if they join a team registered in Div Z, the movement is flagged if Y > Z + 2. Thus anyone moving down more than two divisions is flagged. Any complaints about a player who isn’t flagged can safely be dismissed out of hand. In fact the system could even be set to block such movements by default until an admin can review them, giving the player an incentive to approach the admins and explain their justification for moving down rather than the onus being on the admins.

Quoted from roban

and use their time to find out those players main classes and try to judge if that player is allowed to play in that div or not etc.

As I said, for most players it’s pretty obvious what their main class is, and in particular since this rule only affects div3+ many of the names will be relatively well-known and have an established main class.

And having a formulaic rule like the one I suggested actually makes judgements easier and quicker, not more difficult or slower. You simply apply the rule. The only difficulty might be in determining which class a player is going to play in their new lower-div team – a potential exploit would be to say you are going to play medic, but then once your transfer has been evaluated and approved, you actually play a different class.

Quoted from roban

I think that you should already know that there is going to be a lot of players who are better at the game than you.

True, but you should also have the reasonable expectation that the teams you are grouped against (when the process explicitly involves a stage of grouping by perceived skill) will be of roughly equivalent ability to you. If you’re playing in div 5 it is reasonable to expect you will be playing against teams of a div5 ability. ETF2L already acknowledges and accepts this, which is why teams are grouped by skill before the season begins.

Quoted from roban

This has been discussed so many times and there havent really been any new perspectives but you actually did something that not anyone would do, have enough effort to actually make up rules like that so gotta give some respect about that, I still think that its a bit too hard to have rules like that because of the implemention and all admin resources it would take.

Thanks man. I dunno I think it might take a little bit of time to set up, but it doesn’t seem all that tricky especially if it’s mostly automated. Plus I don’t know how common these situations are but I’d imagine not all that frequent.

Quoted from roban

Some good reads if you’re interested
http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-9130/page-1/
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-28088/page-1/

Thanks, I’ll have a look!

Last edited by almightybob,

TviQ

ft.

after reading hardly anything of this it seems the players of ETF2L dont want to learn to get better fucking shitheads

frixx

LG

Quoted from TviQ

after reading hardly anything of this it seems the players of ETF2L dont want to learn to get better fucking shitheads

you are like a dumb version of thalash

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Quoted from TviQ

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Awesome stuff there bob!
In my opinion, this should be applied during a season. Like I already said a few times, if high div players want to relax and join a lower div team, they can do so before the season, as admins will seed the teams then.

But during a season, this shouldn’t be allowed. Bob did some amazing writing there and it sounds more than legit and viable.

And for the people who complain me not wanting to play against better people in general. That’s not true at all, but how would you feel in my situation when you know their demo, who can pretty much win a mid fight simply by being faster there and denying all others, is/was a prem demo. Sounds like a real and funny challenge, doesn’t it…

Also, can i repost the conversation again, or are admins (or kkaltu) afraid of some things said in there x]

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from TviQ

If I have a division 4 team, and we are aiming to play in d3 as our results show during season and pcw’s: WHY THE HELL do I have to prove that my team is capable of playing in d3 against prem players offclassing in d4 that would probably smash d3 as well?

your argument is pointless.

Last edited by caeli,

Freddy

who even plays videogames in 2014

i mean jesus christ, really

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Quoted from TviQ

It’s probably more of a demoralizing than a learning experience to get stomped by prem players in div3. Way to make teams disband and players leave competitive tf2. Not everyone is keen enough to get stomped just to improve.

I think the only shithead you’ll find is in the mirror, tviq.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from PuzZle

[…]

It’s probably more of a demoralizing than a learning experience to get stomped by prem players in div3. Way to make teams disband and players leave competitive tf2. Not everyone is keen enough to get stomped just to improve.

I think the only shithead you’ll find is in the mirror, tviq.

This guy gets it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »