Forum

Mumble overlay white when in TF2?

Created 2nd March 2014 @ 15:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Cuttlefish

6v6

Switched from maxframes to m0re highfps a while back, overlay’s been solid white since then when in TF2.
Removing mat_antialias from my autoexec hasn’t helped at all, so don’t bother suggesting that. What did help was -nod3d9ex launch option, but that ruined performance and killed alt-tabbing. Help, anyone?

Spriggan

Try -dxlevel 90 :)

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Spriggan

Try -dxlevel 90 :)

That too kills performance, sorry. :(

Oupa

Nave

Had this problem a while back the way i fixed it was by going to the video options enable windows aero extensions closed game open it again and disable the option and overlay comes back to normal.

bbax51

cros#
plēve

keep -dxlevel 81 in launch options

sad-panda

oops

Last edited by sad-panda,

navitsu

It used to happen to me if you change resolution or anything that refreshes the window.
Try removing the resolution changes from the cfg and then run the game

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Cuttlefish

[…]
That too kills performance, sorry. :(

Have you actually tried it? Some people get less fps with dx9, some get the same, and some get MORE with dx9 (Phong and cart glow disabled ofc). Just because dx8 looks worse doesn’t mean you get more fps.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Oupa

Had this problem a while back the way i fixed it was by going to the video options enable windows aero extensions closed game open it again and disable the option and overlay comes back to normal.

Do you have -nod3d9ex or -d3d9ex in your launch options by the chance?

Oupa

Nave

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Do you have -nod3d9ex or -d3d9ex in your launch options by the chance?

Nope.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Have you actually tried it? Some people get less fps with dx9, some get the same, and some get MORE with dx9 (Phong and cart glow disabled ofc). Just because dx8 looks worse doesn’t mean you get more fps.

Yes, wouldn’t say that without trying it.

To everyone else, thank you, but nothing worked!

MARIANO

Try mat_antialias 1 instead of 0 f you want fix this problem.

AnimaL

imo you are bullshitting when you say that -nod3d9ex ruins the performance, but w/e

Phnx

dxlevel 90 = unstable 60 fps, dxlevel 81 = stable-ish 130.

ash

(Legend)
:D

disregard that.

Last edited by ash,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »