8-)

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Okay, then explain why TF2 only uses 30% of a CPU

SETSUL HAVE SPOKEN

and my English is broken

Last edited by Tuto,

Jesse James

Fuck it guys how the hell do you do that ? This should be a help topic not a flame the other plaza…

Tf2 uses 30% of your cpu because he just needs that much what is that for a question :O Since when do threads say how much cpu capacity a software needs ? It is about the complicity of calculations, how much calculations you can pass to graphic cards and so on.

And how come that every one knows what this -threads is. There is not even a google entry or not even an example on steam support. Source : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1040-JWMT-2947

Right now, I just consider, many of you doesn’t even know what a “thread” is, and just talking around to be contrary.

Check your messages : You just say that the working solution is shit and shouldn’t used. But you just don’t send other solution ideas.

Daamn do you really have to make a drama or flame out of every topic ?!

Last edited by Jesse James,

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Jesse James

You just say that the working solution is shit and shouldn’t used. But you just don’t send other solution ideas.

What are the disadvantages of using it? And why does it work in the first place? We didn’t get any sources, so using that launch option could be risky.

Jesse James

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
What are the disadvantages of using it? And why does it work in the first place? We didn’t get any sources, so using that launch option could be risky.

In the first place, I thought it will cause more crash problems. This is not the case. It shouldn’t be risky (imo), since threads just say something about the scheduling behaviour of the windows kernel about a software and how those will be send to the CPU. Things can happen are :
• Too big packages in one thread : Cpu cache overflow
• Too small packages in one thread : Performance loss

Correct me if I am wrong please, or if you see other problems =)

Why it solved ? No idea.

Last edited by Jesse James,

Setsul

Yeah, 30% should be enough for a CPU limited game, who cares about fps drops or getting higher fps.

You just don’t have any idea what you are doing, but carry on.

I mean it can’t be driver problems with the gtx200 series, that shit runs flawless.

Jesse James

Quoted from Setsul

Yeah, 30% should be enough for a CPU limited game, who cares about fps drops or getting higher fps.

You just don’t have any idea what you are doing, but carry on.

I mean it can’t be driver problems with the gtx200 series, that shit runs flawless.

I don’t know, indeed. Like I already asked, please explain me.

It can’t be ? http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23732742

104 pages bug reports about gtx200 series tf2 only. I don’t even talk about css.

Setsul

No one knows, otherwise it would be fixed already. Don’t expect any logic when dealing with bugs.

Congratulations, you are officially unable to recognize irony.

Jesse James

Not that easy to recognize it from a text ^^

Setsul

Yeah, if someone mentions driver problems with the gtx200 series he probably doesn’t know about them.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Jesse James

[…]

I don’t know, indeed. Like I already asked, please explain me.

It can’t be ? http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23732742

104 pages bug reports about gtx200 series tf2 only. I don’t even talk about css.

This thread isn’t about GTX200 only. I have the same issue described in that thread with my 8800 GT, under Windows. I’ve never had a single crash since I use linux though.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Phnx

Quoted from Jesse James

I have to play with dx81, else my game crashes randomly : A common issue on gtx200 er series :(

you know removing something from launch options doesn’t do anything really, right?
it is not gonna restore to different value, it’s gonna remain on dx level 8.1 but not crash for some reason.

Jesse James

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
you know removing something from launch options doesn’t do anything really, right?
it is not gonna restore to different value, it’s gonna remain on dx level 8.1 but not crash for some reason.

Tried : iCrash

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2