Forum

Monitor issue

Created 6th October 2013 @ 08:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

doks

Hello smart people.

For past few days i have to press the power button on my monitor like 10-20 times untill it finally wakes up. When i press the button it glows green for a seconds or two and the monitor flickers, then just shuts down. Sometimes it will turn on for like 2-3 seconds and then shut down…
Should i look for a new monitor ? or is that something you can fix ?

Freddy

If you have another monitor, plug it in. If you have the same issue, then it’s probably the cable or your gfx card.

Spike Himself

TC

Does it display a message along the lines of “monitor going to sleep”?

If not, the issue is most likely with your monitor. If the issue was with the graphics card or cable, the monitor would just whine about not getting signal rather than just turning off.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Very likely to be a bad capacitor in the monitor’s internal power supply.
Cheap and easy to fix, if you can solder.

I had the same problem, my monitor would need to be turned on/off multiple times to turn on fully. Once on it would switch on/off without issues. I used it like this for a month or so and it would gradually require more on/off cycles to turn on.

Last edited by Miek,

doks

Quoted from Miek

Very likely to be a bad capacitor in the monitor’s internal power supply.
Cheap and easy to fix, if you can solder.

I had the same problem, my monitor would need to be turned on/off multiple times to turn on fully. Once on it would switch on/off without issues. I used it like this for a month or so and it would gradually require more on/off cycles to turn on.

sounds exactly like the problem im having.
allright i`ll look into it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1