over 900 ping/huge lags when ppl talking in mumble

Created 19th September 2013 @ 17:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

NuTRiCuLa

D925
AVN

Quoted from Forsak3n

Is it just you using it?
Can you make a test at http://www.speedtest.net/?

listen to me :
i have bad internet , but i have some speed already 5 year , in last 6 month i using mumble so in last 3 month i never get this proble but 3 days ago i get , internet speed is still like a old time but now i getting lags and pings ….internet cant be reason

bhama

Quoted from NuTRiCuLa

Whenever a lot of people speak in mumble, my ping in TF2 raised to 800-1300 ….

google cant help me :(

in TS/raidcall and in other programs my ping is normal but in mumble always this problem …

how i can fix it ?

dont say about internet or pc(lol) , also sry for bad english.

Reasons for getting high ping value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don’t open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there’s no browser .exe’s still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Last edited by bhama,

Phnx

Quoted from bhama

[…]

Reasons for getting high ping value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don’t open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there’s no browser .exe’s still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

thanks for bumping this almost year old thread.

Sketch

MM

hey another bump. what is the solution? im getting upwards of 800 ping in mumble tcp mode and the microsoft throttling turned off.

and still have issues

can anyone help me please

Selek

Dr. med.

If it’s your upload, lower your compression bandwidth. If it’s your download, maybe ask the other people in mumble to lower theirs for you. Or use TS3 where the audio quality is set by the server.

Alternatively, get a better internet connection.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Selek

Or use TS3 where the audio quality is set by the server.

How is that different from mumble?

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Mumble>Configure>Audio Wizard> Go to the Quality and Notifications Setting
>Set Quality to Low.
This causes mumble to use less bandwidth. You’ll still have higher ping using it but it’ll reduce the amount it spikes by significantly. This is what I do on my home internet with awful upload speed.
Hope that helps.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2