Steam broke...

Created 19th June 2013 @ 15:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1

achy

lock

Last edited by achy,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Steam isn’t opening properly for me right now. What happened?

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Same for me §

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

I had the same problem and a load of other people are having the same problem too. I think it stemmed from the newest beta update. It downloads it and restarts but doesn’t apply it or applies it incorrectly. But all this is a guess.

I fixed mine by deleting everything in the steam folder except Steam.exe, userdata folder and steamapps folder. Then I launched steam. It’ll force steam to redownload all the missing / possibly broken files you had.

The whole thing took me around 10 minutes and required me to use the steam guard email thing and the only thing i lost was a steam skin.

Setsul

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Check if the process actually stops. Restart the computer. Start steam, if it doesn’t work and you can’t exit properly kill the process and try again. twice.
Then clientregistry.blob, steam reinstall, you should know that stuff.

Don’t expect those magical instant fixes if all information provided by you is “steam doesn’t work”, everyone could guess it by the title.

thorv

Adding -tcp to the Steam shortcut fixed it for me.

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Work now for no reason :|

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Setsul

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Check if the process actually stops. Restart the computer. Start steam, if it doesn’t work and you can’t exit properly kill the process and try again. twice.
Then clientregistry.blob, steam reinstall, you should know that stuff.

Oh. And the problem I had didn’t get fixed by all this. Thats why I had steam re-install itself.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from TurboTabs

I fixed mine by deleting everything in the steam folder except Steam.exe, userdata folder and steamapps folder. Then I launched steam. It’ll force steam to redownload all the missing / possibly broken files you had.

The whole thing took me around 10 minutes and required me to use the steam guard email thing[…]

Worked for me too, thanks

Add A Reply Pages: 1