Forum

Cfg + settings - Offer Reward

Created 11th March 2013 @ 18:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Hey!

I just re-installed windows and I am currently running tf2 with the same settings and cfg (chris max fps) as prior to OS installation.
Updated graphics drivers etc I’m not running the game in windowed mode, I havn’t had the need to since the previously mentioned update.

Problem 1:

My game takes AGES to tab up, it’s between 10-15 sec of black screen before the game becomes visible again. It used be like this back in 2010…

Problem 2:

Explosions now leave some grayish trail, annoying.

Problem 3:

My sound quality is set to low by default even if I change it in-game. No clue what it’s called in the cfg. DO YOU KNOW?

I’ll give you a copy of Garry’s Mod or some random indie game (your choice) If you can help me solve these problems.

Mangachu

for problem #1 if you are using the -dxlevel 80/81/90-95 in your launch options, remove it

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Quoted from Mangachu

for problem #1 if you are using the -dxlevel 80/81/90-95 in your launch options, remove it

not using it (used it for first time launch only)

droso

o/

For problem 3:

Setting sound quality on low is actually better, if I’m not mistaken?

“// Sound
// —————————————————————————-
// I’d be hesitant to say that you would see a great deal of performance
// improvement from lowering the sound quality, but in my experience as a
// competitive TF2 player, lowering the sound quality makes determination of
// directionality and distance that much easier. You may see a small FPS gain
// with these settings, or you may not, either way will likely have a
// negligible effect on performance.”

>from Chris’ config.

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

I’m all about that ear candy

Trath

For your first problem I’m pretty sure you need to run the game in windowed mode.
-dxlevel 81 -sw -noborder -w 1680 -h 1050 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

change to your screen resolution.

oamaok

If you only run it in windowed mode, there will be around 30ms of lag with the mouse/keyboard input. You have to do this with the hl2.exe:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/9N9ZT.png

Add A Reply Pages: 1