Forum

VALIDATING!>!?!"!"?!"?!"

Created 10th March 2013 @ 19:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

wai

TEZC
TEZC

9 Validates in a ROW and i STILL cant load tf2!?!?
Please, anyone know how to fix this??????
ive restarted, deleted .blob, defragmented and nothing works :(

anyone? please :(

Blinky

Well, u can also try renaming the blob file or just run steam in offline mode, then it should do vaildation in seconds.after that try to run steam in normal mode and it should finally do the vaildation.

Don’t know if it will work for you for sure, but u should try.

edit:Don’t forget to exit from the steam properly.

Last edited by Blinky,

rtan

-9w-

I actually cancel it at 10% and try and relaunch, works 100% every time

Last edited by rtan,

NeuTronas

Quoted from Blinky

Well, u can also try renaming the blob file or just run steam in offline mode, then it should do vaildation in seconds.after that try to run steam in normal mode and it should finally do the vaildation.

Don’t know if it will work for you for sure, but u should try.

edit:Don’t forget to exit from the steam properly.

Doesn’t work. I think I tried everything but it keeps validating TF2 all the time I restart my PC :/

Quoted from rtan

I actually cancel it at 10% and try and relaunch, works 100% every time

Did not work :/

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

only way to fix it is to delete the game and redownload as far as i can see :( i get the same shit Andrew! Gonna wait till lan when i have 1gb download ^_^

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

I had this validation bug, too. Allthough mine only triggerd once at TF2 startup. From what I’ve researched, this some kind of bug exists for a long time. It’s probably some corrupt Steam var that runs at startup that triggers this validation. It happends in every Steam game, from what I’ve seen in threads. Some people got it fixed by renaming blob file, or cancelling the validation and do a manual one after that. Etc etc.
I eventually wiped both TF2 and Steam and installed it again, but sucks if you’re on low bandwith hehe. Do make a backup of your scripts, maps and settings before attempting that.

JohnnyZ

Sexy

For me, helps closing steam properly, not with shut down of computer

eppz

MEAT

Unless the 10%-thingy works for you, do this instead of having to redownload the game;

Backup the game(and cfg’s+hud and possibly maps+demos) -> Delete local content -> Restore from backup -> Manually validate the files.

Takes about 20 minutes, for me at least. Work every time though.

Last edited by eppz,

Leif

I have to do it every time my PC crash and Steam isnt closed correctly. Done 3 times today.
There’s no real fix for that as far as I know. When I had the problem some weeks ago it still kept doing that even after deleting the tf folder, restoring game files and manually validating.
Then it solved automatically somehow some time later, now I have this problem again.

dodgydogman

Panda

get to 87
% and
canlec and bathe in raw meat at midnight with a ful
moon and uj will win lottery but sry can
t help with tf2./

toasty.

PHX

Just wait until it stops. Just because it says it is at 100% it doesn’t mean it’s finished. After it’s finished it will close the window.

This is the only sure way. Telling people to cancel it at x% is just silly. Just leave it.

Last edited by toasty.,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

The new update which will come soon should fix this. Let’s get our hopes up.

Add A Reply Pages: 1