Forum

How to prevent STV from adding another slot?

Created 5th March 2013 @ 15:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bonkers

TCM
HFoF

I bought a 13-slot server for 6v6 with an extra slot for STV. When I try to enable STV using tv_enable 1 it says “extra slot was added for SourceTV”. Since my server has only 13 slots, and the server owners do not allow for more than 13 slots it crashes the server. My question is, how do I make STV use the 13th slot, without having to create an additional 14th slot?

Spike Himself

TC

I don’t have an answer to your question, but I’m very interested in knowing how your provider managed to make it work like that. For as far as I’m aware, Source simply adds an additional a slot for STV and there’s no way you can restrict that (which apparently your provider did manage to) o.O

Serotone

#FreePat

There’s a maxplayers command which you could use to change the player cap to 12 but it seems it can’t be done through rcon normally, with me it’s coming back as saying the server has to be shut down, but obviously if you shut it down you can’t send it rcon commands.

Looking on counterstrike forums it seems maxplayers can only be changed within the internal command line thingy (I’m not a computer person), which assuming you’re just renting a dedicated gameserver as usual you won’t have access to. I’m assuming you’ve already sent a ticket to your provider about it but you need to really get on them about it because they can presumably fix it and maybe just need the threat of you considering looking elsewhere.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Spike Himself

I don’t have an answer to your question, but I’m very interested in knowing how your provider managed to make it work like that. For as far as I’m aware, Source simply adds an additional a slot for STV and there’s no way you can restrict that (which apparently your provider did manage to) o.O

They probably check it outside of TF2 server and kill servers that go over the limit? Can’t you start the server with maxplayers 12? That way STV will add the 13th slot for itself and you can still get 12 players in.

Last edited by Arie,

Bonkers

TCM
HFoF

Quoted from Arie

[…]

They probably check it outside of TF2 server and kill servers that go over the limit? Can’t you start the server with maxplayers 12? That way STV will add the 13th slot for itself and you can still get 12 players in.

I can only view the start parameters, but not change them in any way. The server provider told me that they use a software that checks if the amount of slots is higher than what you paid for, and have no way of disabling it (what?)

ash

(Legend)
:D

What about talk to the provider?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Bonkers

have no way of disabling it (what?)

Time to switch :D
For the sake of great justice, what provider is this?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Time to switch :D
For the sake of great justice, what provider is this?

guessing multiplay lol

Bonkers

TCM
HFoF

actually it’s http://www.disconnect.pl/

idk if they even have an english version of their site so you guys probably won’t understand a thing

LimeBowler

As others have said, you’d have to change the start up command to set -maxplayers to 12.

But even then, would the STV be able to to do anything other than record demos? Don’t know how the server would treat players connecting to spectate from the STV

Add A Reply Pages: 1