Forum

Computer randomly crashes?

Created 5th March 2013 @ 07:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

teej!

tl;dr: Keyboard and Mouse just freezes, but screen still stays up. Have to turn it off and on again when restarting.

It can range between 10 minutes to an hour.

Halp??? D:

Dagun

TC.Vintage

When you say the screen stays up, does everything continue on the screen as normal, or does it freeze?

In the event anything does continue in the screen, sounds like you have a dodgy connection on your motherboard, causing your external devices (probably USB as it’s keyboard + mouse) to lose power/connection.

However if the screen also freezes, you may have a more serious problem…

Install anything big recently? Anything that intercepts input? (i.e. xmouse control, razer synapse and so on)

How long has this been happening for?

teej!

Quoted from Dagun

When you say the screen stays up, does everything continue on the screen as normal, or does it freeze?

In the event anything does continue in the screen, sounds like you have a dodgy connection on your motherboard, causing your external devices (probably USB as it’s keyboard + mouse) to lose power/connection.

However if the screen also freezes, you may have a more serious problem…

Install anything big recently? Anything that intercepts input? (i.e. xmouse control, razer synapse and so on)

How long has this been happening for?

Screen stills moves, yes.

I installed a VirtualMachine a while back if that helps.

Around a week and a half now.

Serotone

#FreePat

Funny I’ve been having the same problem lately with my mouse and keyboard disconnecting, losing power and everything. Just unplugging them and plugging them in again works for me and it always seems to happen on desktop, never in game.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

my guess is your mouse or keyboard is broken and short circuits the usb slots. Next time they freeze plug them into the front slots. To find which is broken use another mouse or keyboard for a while until it freezes or doesn’t.

teej!

Quoted from Atkins

my guess is your mouse or keyboard is broken and short circuits the usb slots. Next time they freeze plug them into the front slots. To find which is broken use another mouse or keyboard for a while until it freezes or doesn’t.

This worked – thanks

oamaok

Had this exact problem. Fixed it by replacing mouse.

Add A Reply Pages: 1