Forum

Help with steam

Created 28th January 2013 @ 19:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

easyGame

Hey!
I have huge issues with steam at the moment. Since yesterday evening I am not able to connect to the steamnetwork anymore.
Neither did I install any new software nor did I change anything else. From one second to another it just doesn’t work anymore.

I got different error messages like:

“Steam.exe (main exception): to run Steam, you must first connect to the internet”

or just that I could not connect to the steamnetwork and check my connection…
But my internet connection is fine.

I tried several recommended fixes that I found on the internet and the steam forums…
Nothing worked so far.

So now I uninstalled steam. But now I can’t reinstall it. The steam updating window always gets stuck and doesn’t update.
I opened the required ports of my router…
I deleted all registry keys and anything else which is related to steam and tried to reinstall…

Don’t know what to do.

I also lost 120gbs of games in my library that I will need to redownload because I didn’t know that uninstalling steam will delete all games including all my configs, huds, plugins etc etc for TF2 -.-

Any suggestions? The steam support usually takes weeks to answer and will give me a fix I probably already tried…

Help :(

Spike Himself

TC

Turn off windows firewall?

easyGame

Quoted from Spike Himself

Turn off windows firewall?

Nope didn’t help…

I disabled Windows Firewall and restarted PC.

Steam Updater stuck at 1 % :(

easyGame

Also disabling Kaspersky did nothing.

“Could not connect to steamnetwork”

wrock

vier

what internet connection you have? e.g mobile internet providers blocking it…

try to install steam elsewehre

alba

duplo

when i have problems with steam network i fixed it by creating a new shortcut to steam and launch it with -tcp as launch options, then remove it if i could connect and launch steam normally

easyGame

Quoted from alba

when i have problems with steam network i fixed it by creating a new shortcut to steam and launch it with -tcp as launch options, then remove it if i could connect and launch steam normally

It’s maybe too late. Tried too much stuff and anything worked, maybe I messed it up myself with triying too many fixes and deleting and reinstalling too often. Will probably end in completely reinstalling windows :(

Well maybe its some higher act of nature since I have exams very soon :>

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from easyGame

[…]

It’s maybe too late. Tried too much stuff and anything worked, maybe I messed it up myself with triying too many fixes and deleting and reinstalling too often. Will probably end in completely reinstalling windows :(

Well maybe its some higher act of nature since I have exams very soon :>

does it work now or not?
I’ve had problems with tcp protocols before because they tried to derive a DNS server that doesn’t exist, so I changed it to automatically get the DNS-server’s ip and it fixed everything

talk to me in steam if you don’t know how to do that

paparazi

TCM

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33871392

easyGame

Quoted from paparazi

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33871392

That doesn’t really work because I don’t even have the registry entry “offline” :(

So basically my current problem is that I can’t reinstall steam. When installation is finished and it goes into updating process I either get a error message that say I need to connect to the internet or the update window gets stuck and doesn’t move on (sometimes on 0%, sometimes on 1% sometimes on 6%, etc).

So I can’t finish the installation of steam…

easyGame

Quoted from alba

This didn’t work for me aswell.
0% updating

Last edited by easyGame,

paparazi

TCM

so bad :-(

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from easyGame

[…]

This didn’t work for me aswell.
0% updating

digger imo.im log dich ein und schreib mich an

easyGame

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

digger imo.im log dich ein und schreib mich an

“Imo hat Probleme mit Steam, versuche es später” …
Und wenn ich mich einfach im Browser einlogge bleibe ich offline komischerweise… Das ging gestern noch.
Kannst du vielleicht hier schreiben was du gemacht hast also du Probleme hattest?

easyGame

quintosh solution didnt work aswell…

fu steam

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »