Forum

logitech g400 problem?

Created 24th November 2012 @ 15:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I called Logitech support, they were nice, suggested I use Amazons return policy. I’m a hardware spaz, if I wanted to fix it who would I even ask?

worse

vD
WoA

It’s the wire. I had an MX510 which died due to “broken wire” (disconnect bug) after 4 years. A new G400 died after 5 months. The replacement G400 died after 3 months. All same “broken wire” defect. Now I’m using a Deathadder, not that ergonomic but at least the wire seems to be attached properly…

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from worse

It’s the wire. I had an MX510 which died due to “broken wire” (disconnect bug) after 4 years. A new G400 died after 5 months. The replacement G400 died after 3 months. All same “broken wire” defect. Now I’m using a Deathadder, not that ergonomic but at least the wire seems to be attached properly…

Yeah, the standard soddering it comes with is shit. Just buy a tube of super glue and give it a shitload around the hole where the cord goes in and let it dry, should give it a better lifetime

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from Kvux

[…]
Yeah, the standard soddering it comes with is shit. Just buy a tube of super glue and give it a shitload around the hole where the cord goes in and let it dry, should give it a better lifetime

Its easy enough to just send them back, logitech seems to replace mice no questions asked for free. So I just have 2 g400’s, if one breaks, send 1 back and use the other. They arent exactly expensive and they are the best mice around..

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from worse

mine is fine after a year, fuck are you doing with them?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Honestly, I think if you put any tension AT ALL on the connection it breaks. I was really careful with this one and it’s going after a month. That’s a design flaw. But yeah, they’re super good about replacing them, almost as if they expect you to call…

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

gonna get my 3rd g400 this week, lets hope it will last longer than just a couple of months

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from rytis

[…]
mine is fine after a year, fuck are you doing with them?

I just use the same mouse for gaming on my desktop, as with my work laptop.
The cord can’t take tension, especially where it enters the mouse. I had no problems until it became a habit to bring my g400 with my laptop when going places, and then it started.
I’ve had it for like, maybe a month?

wrock

vier

Quoted from sidestep

gonna get my 3rd g400 this week, lets hope it will last longer than just a couple of months

why are you buying it then?
i think I hear at least 2 complains from people who got problems with a logitech per month…

worse

vD
WoA

I think the Deathadder solution for the wireconnection on the mouse might be the best I’ve seen so far. If the G400 would have the same connection I’d buy it (again…) since the Deathadder is uncomfortable for big hands (what to do with my pinky finger?!).

If not clear what I mean:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/164/449/437/437449164_825.jpg
vs
http://www.eventus.si/en/iimg/2770/miska_logitech_g400.jpg

worse

vD
WoA

[double posting]

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from wrock

[…]

why are you buying it then?
i think I hear at least 2 complains from people who got problems with a logitech per month…

I’ve been using logitech for like 9 years now. Started with the MX500, MX510, MX518, MX518 Refresh and now G400. So im kinda used to the design wich is perfect for my hand and using a different mouse just doesnt feel right

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Yes, I love the feel of it, just a shame it breaks.

Pennyfarming

The problem is that you didnt buy a roccat isku :>

– Penny

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2