Forum

PC broke

Created 23rd November 2012 @ 19:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

alba

duplo

Im on my phone atm since my pc is dead but you can find all my pc specs on my steam profile. What happend was that first i played assassins creed 3 and my pc just freezed so i shut it down. Then my DRAM_LED light was red so i went into my mobo manual and did the memOK test which didn’t work. 1h later i tried to turn on my pc and it worked. The error message was power supply surge was detected on last power on. And the my pc acted normal for some days so i didn’t give a shit but today when i played tf2 it freezed and this time the error message said overclocking failed (i haven’t overclocked my pc). And now it won’t start up. Any ideas? Cpu broken? Psu broken? My fans and components start up but keyboard, mouse and screen doesn’t work..
Cheers alba

Last edited by alba,

Blinky

Have u tried to re-install windows?

Slliter

Is your PC plugged in ?

– The I.T. guy

Effectz

NiP

power surge probably broke your ram. ram’s easy n cheap so just replace it. if that doesnt work replace psu on top of it. theres no guarantee but this is 99% likely

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Dead memory or mobo.

alba

duplo

Thanks for the replies. I tried 1 RAM stick at the time but it didnt work. Do you think warranty will cover it? The pc is 5 months old…

taro

Restore the BIOS to default settings. See what happens.

alba

duplo

Quoted from taro

Restore the BIOS to default settings. See what happens.

Already did :)

Le meme arrows

How exactly did you reset BIOS? Did you clear CMOS via jumper?

alba

duplo

Quoted from Le meme arrows

How exactly did you reset BIOS? Did you clear CMOS via jumper?

Yep, via the jumper

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from alba

Thanks for the replies. I tried 1 RAM stick at the time but it didnt work. Do you think warranty will cover it? The pc is 5 months old…

According to the general laws concerning warranties in Europe, every seller of new products to consumers (end users) is obliged to give you a 2 year warranty. If the seller thinks that the problem was caused by something you did with the pc and not because of an error that was already present at the time you bought the product or at the time of production of it, he has to prove that you caused the breakdown by fiddling with your pc, … (the burden of proof, however, does shift: in the first 6 months after the sale the seller has to prove the error was not inherent to the product at the time of sale, after those 6 months you have to prove the error was already present at the time of sale)

I based this upon the law in Belgium, but I think the actual law concerning warranties and consumer protection was enforced by Europe so they should be similar throughout the EU.

So you should get your warranty if you didnt fiddle with your pc too much.

Last edited by Genmix,

alba

duplo

Thanks alot genmix

Genmix

bobs

nvm

Last edited by Genmix,

alba

duplo

I bought new RAM and PSU which solved the problem, thanks for all your replies :)

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »