Forum

TF2 Constantly crashing

Created 17th November 2012 @ 11:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Anyone else getting this since todays update? Sometimes it crashes on joining a server, sometimes I can play 3 minutes before hl2.exe crashes.

What did valve break?

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from CUBE

Anyone else getting this since todays update? Sometimes it crashes on joining a server, sometimes I can play 3 minutes before hl2.exe crashes.

What did valve break?

Hehehe. My game crashes on 90% of attempts at launching it.

It’s done this for the last 2 months.

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Happening also to me. Ohmygod this is bullshit…

Wiper

idd.

Same … heeelp

Oxy

TC.Express

TC Will was having the issue that he crashed upon other people joining the server, probably whats happening here.

furbo

MUUQ
8-)

Same shit happening to me..
This problem was sometimes solved in earlier updates by removing your custom hud or reinstalling it

edit: What Oxy said seems to be the problem:

Crashes happen immediately after other players join the server

Crashes do not occur when your loadout is unavailable

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

some valve guy is working on it, but needs dump files to resolve the issue: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33381089#post33381089

furbo

MUUQ
8-)

Also switching to dx9 seems to help

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from furbo

Also switching to dx9 seems to help

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Still nothing, I’ll cry if I have to play with DX9 for one more day :'(

KLar

okie

still have the validating steam files bug, and now this, gg

My fps with dx9 is like terribad, Gabe get ur shit straight!

Bonkers

fixed mine by deleting tf folder, installing cfg and maps again but when i used a custom hud it crashed, using default seems to stop it.

I reinstalled countless times in different ways…hmm never considered to stop using the HUD.

controL91

DWe /

I’m sorry to say that but if you are using NVIDIA Driver and you running tf2 in dx9 or higher you will have crash always .I don’t know the reason but if you go into set launch options and type -dxlevel 81 , you won’t get crash anymore i promise that i fixed it like that.We will wait till NVIDIA and Valve-TF2 work together for new update to fix it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »