Forum

Finding teams to scrim

Created 7th October 2012 @ 18:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1

.Selo

Hello everyone, recently i’ve been trying to find teams to scrim, but most of the time
they decline or postpone it and I just want to play the moment I ask for it.

If you’re in division 6 and are trying to find another team on your same level in IRC, it’s almost impossible to get someone replying since most players in div6 don’t hang around in the IRC channel.
And everytime I ask a div5 team, they simply decline for no real reason whatsoever, we want to improve, no matter if we win or lose.

So my question is; are there any other possibilities to find a team quickly besides IRC?
I seem to struggle to find teams lately.

Looking forward for help :)

vani

Bully

Quoted from .Selo

If you’re in division 6 and are trying to find another team on your same level in IRC, it’s almost impossible to get someone replying since most players in div6 don’t hang around in the IRC channel.

What? Theres always someone looking for low- / div6 / 6/5 games in IRC. Or what do you mean?

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

You can always add on Steam the leaders of the teams you’ve had a good game with. Remember to ask them beforehand if you can do so, as not everyone accepts random invites. This method ensures you get a couple of teams to practice with and help each other out.

However, I can’t understand why you find it so hard the find a game on IRC. Assuming you’re searching between 20-22 CET (excluding Fridays and Saturdays), you should be able to get a match fairly quickly. Just post a string like this (change it to on if you do have a server):
6v6 div6 off now
Wait for someone to send you a private message or send it yourself if someone else already is looking for a game around your skill level and sort out the server details. The whole process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes, especially for div6.

Even if you’re looking for a higher skill level, you don’t need to inform your opponent you’re not quite there yet since it will, most likely, make them reject you. Just go with it. Worst case scenario, you get rolled and in 10 minutes you’ll be looking for a new game anyway.

Good luck.

gnaw

It is very easy to find D5-D6 teams looking to PCW on IRC. Perhaps you have been seeking the matches too early? Or on Friday or something.

Slliter

6v6 on/off div5 now PROBLEM SOLVED

.Selo

So I guess I have just been looking at the wrong times…
Nonetheless, thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited by .Selo,

Krame

Aero

WEAK DIV5 TEAMS SCARED TO SCRIM STRONG RUSSIA MANS ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WE ROLL 5-0

we should find div4 teams because theres no real difference between div6 and div5 :> except shitlords who think they’re leet shit cus they won div6

Last edited by Krame,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Here’s the thing, if you ask for a div5 game in irc then you will get everything from some low div 6’ers trying it out right the way through to div 3 players having a laugh offclass…or not.

The top teams in any division will be pcw’ing at the next level up, those teams raping div 6 matches but still in div 6 playing div 5 matches and so on. This is why people think they’re better than they are all the little ego problems teams have when the season doesn’t go quite as planned.

You been winning a lot of div 4 pcw’s recently huh? Feel like there’s no div 4 team out there that can beat you do you? Lose your first game and have your team rage quit? That’s because the top div 4 teams are playing div 3 pcw’s so you haven’t crossed paths much….you see?

If you’re winning div 5 pcw’s then go play some div 4 one’s by all means, just expect everything from some top div 6 to div 3 teams and don’t read too much into pcw results. We used to play a map with pushing without uber was the thing, or using kritz continuously or just trying stupid tactics…I mean…genius ideas that just weren’t executed correctly by my stupid team…yeah, that’s right, that’s what I meant.

If you truly are on the boundary where you beat the teams around you but can’t quite get the ones above then just put Div4/5 and hopefully others finding the same will answer or you’ll get decent div 5 teams having a go or the weaker div 4 teams playing you as their warm up, both being useful to you.

It’s difficult to work out your skill level as those around you are changing constantly as are you, internet issues, people being hung over or tired or raging or just a little bit emo or whatever on a particular night or during a particular map. Best judge is official results.

Not sure how relevant all that is, just thought it needed to be out there…so there it is out.

Tl;Dr

If you ask for div 5 on irc expect all from low 6 to high 3 to respond
Ask for div5/4

Last edited by Monkeh,

Krame

Aero

i like to rape prem sollies in mge and im in the official -MGE- group

LFT Div1/Prem

Last edited by Krame,

Monkeh