Forum

Avg refuses to let me open and reinstall steam

Created 30th September 2012 @ 13:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

mrwhizz

Last night I was browsing the steam-community and suddenly it frozed on me, so I closed it trough my control panel, when I tried to launch steam again my anti-virus gave me a warning saying “virus found nattypeprobe infection” I googled around on the web and found a post on the steam forums on how to solve it and apparently it works now..

Just wondering if anyone had this problem before or know how to prevent it from happening again?

Waebi

‹Con›

lol antivirus

chris pls come here

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from mrwhizz

Just wondering if anyone had this problem before or know how to prevent it from happening again?

Don’t use AVG.

envy

Delete antivirus at all? It gives nothing, but fps drop anyway.

Skyride

DUCS

Not using anti virus requires that you are A) Shit hot with computers (no, knowing how to build a computer and install windows does not qualify that) and B) scan on a semi-regular basis with a couple of decent tools.

If you’re looking for ones that give minimal FPS drops, I’d check out Avast or ESET. ESET is a much better AV in terms of detection rates, and Avast is free. Both have a mode where you can turn them off completely temporarily. ESET has a “game mode” where it turns off when it detects a game is running, and Avast has a little “turn of protection for ‘x’ hours” thing.

Skyride

DUCS

**double post**

Last edited by Skyride,

envy

Quoted from Skyride

Not using anti virus requires that you are A) Shit hot with computers (no, knowing how to build a computer and install windows does not qualify that) and B) scan on a semi-regular basis with a couple of decent tools.

I don’t know, just don’t download executable files from xxxfreewarezxxx.net and everything is fine. Works for me.

severus

burn

Common sense is the only anti-virus I need. MBAM is the only thing I have installed, it scans my PC once a week just in case. The “real” anti-virus programs are pretty much useless..

Last edited by severus,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from severus

Common sense is the only anti-virus I need. MBAM is the only thing I have installed, it scans my PC once a week just in case. The “real” anti-virus programs are pretty much useless..

any arguments why they are useless?

envy

Quoted from rytis

[…]
any arguments why they are useless?

Because you simply don’t download any suspicious stuff thus never get any kinds of alerts?

I had bad experience with AVG. It was constantly marking Cossacks exe steam file on my computer as some massive virus. I deleted the file, deleted the game, downloaded it again from Steam and did numerous scans with AVG, just to see if the virus is still there.

But no, AVG just continued to scream at me how Cossacks exe is a red light virus or w/e. Installed Avast and I didn`t had any problems like that.

Z0R0

who uses avg anyway?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from envy

[…]
Because you simply don’t download any suspicious stuff thus never get any kinds of alerts?

but how do you know that the stuff you usually download doesnt come with a virus or something?

envy

Quoted from rytis

[…]
but how do you know that the stuff you usually download doesnt come with a virus or something?

Official, trusted and popular distributor is the answer?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from envy

[…]
Official, trusted and popular distributor is the answer?

and how do you know they dont put shit into your pc while you are downloading their stuff? =]

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »