Forum

120hz problem with ATI cards

Created 22nd September 2012 @ 16:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Davib

Hey, I recently upgraded my graphics card to am HD 6870 but I’m having problems getting to to output 120hz. I’m using the right dvi port for sure, the other one doesnt display 120hz as an option, but when i set it to 120hz it goes blurry as hell. I’ve tried googling this but all I could come up with was a couple of threads where people had the same problem and no one knew how to fix it.

taro

I have a 6850 and it can’t do 120hz when I have a second monitor plugged in. Are you using 1 or 2 monitors?

Also are you using a dual link DVI-D cable? If not that might be your problem as single link cables can’t carry enough data for 120hz.

wrock

vier

I’m sure your cable is the problem
Had the same problem…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It’s probably the cable. I can’t imagine ATI’s drivers to be so bad that you need to use a specific port or can’t drive 2 screens at different refresh rates.

firstly make sure you are using a dual link dvi cable :D

I get this issue on occasion with a 6870 connected to a viewsonic 120hz normally if I have left it with the screen switched off for some length of time. Sometimes it clears itself given 30 seconds sometimes the only solution is to pull the power cable from the monitor give it 10 seconds and plug back in. Oddly I don’t get this issue when the same monitor is plugged into a 6990.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited by sick-lizard,

Linus

[d¿s]

Also, on certain ati cards(asus usually) there’s sometimes a switch on the actual card that enables/disables dual link. http://www.ixbt.com/video3/images/asus-12/asus-6970-connects.jpg

oamaok

Quoted from Linus

Also, on certain ati cards(asus usually) there’s sometimes a switch on the actual card that enables/disables dual link. http://www.ixbt.com/video3/images/asus-12/asus-6970-connects.jpg

I have HD6960, and this was my problem.

Яyan

I own a 6870 1GB and a 120hz monitor, there is no switch needed.

make sure you have installed the driver file for your monitor that sometimes comes with it on the DVD, explore the DVD and have a look around, it installes with no window, much like if you put a .reg file in.

I had an issue and it was infact the cable, they are just not very hardy for some reason, fiddle with monitor settings and suchlike, best of luck!

PS. What monitor is it?

Add A Reply Pages: 1