Forum

Weird mouse problem

Created 27th June 2012 @ 13:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I got a RAT 5 mouse and Windows Vista 32 bit (yeah yeah, I know) and I’m getting a strange problem.

It seems to happen when something starts to load, especially from steam or just randomly, but I can let go of the mouse so it’s perfectly still but the cursor starts to drift downwards and to the right, I can lift the mouse up and it stops for a bit..then it starts again. It makes it difficult to double click icons and stuff and is very annoying.

Anyone have any ideas?

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

so it drifts when lifted? have u looked for a firmware update or something?

Monkeh

Nah it stops moving if i lift it up then starts when it contacts my byte endorsed glide mouse mat again. It’s very strange.

I tried reinstalling the drivers but to no avail. Would that be firmware?

Last edited by Monkeh,

quad

Everytime I have a mouse problem, I just clean the sensor and pad for dust and hairs. Works in about 90% of the cases for any product I tried.

If not, firmware or broken :P

You play on a laptop?

Downloaded driver AND software?
http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm

Last edited by quad,

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

try another mousemate, there are some mice that have problems with certain mouse mates. Try it straight on your desk if that works you have to either get a new mouse or mouse mate. Or as quad says you may have a hair or dust on your sensor causing it.

Monkeh

Pad and sensor appear clean. Playing on desktop. Will search the cyborg website later when i get home. Will also try old mousemat.

If it is this Byte endorsed mats fault i shall be taking it up with him at LAN.

:D

Last edited by Monkeh,

Has the RAT 5 any kind of “mouse stopping to move if lifted” option? If yes, may be disable or adjust it and see what happens. Theese options make some mice do crazy things..

Monkeh

Not that I’ve noticed no, but i will scour the UI ting for any weirdness. I have adjusted DPI recently so….mebbe something to do with that. I’ll try re-setting to old values.

Cheers gents.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Get byte to autograph it at lan, that should fix it

bybzii

broder

Did you get it sorted ? I’ve had this problem before, turned out it was because I had an xbox controller plugged in.

Add A Reply Pages: 1