Forum

Calling anyone with a Multiplay server.

Created 15th May 2012 @ 16:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

achy

Hi, i bought a multiplay server the other day. Im struggling to get the soap mod plug in and the etf2l config to work together. Soap mod works fine.. i exec etf2l, it unloads but once we go to start the match it just respawns everyone in randoms places. Help needed thank you

Waebi

‹Con›

related, but not the cause of your problems:
>exec etf2l
Console>” say “ETF2L config (2012-01-15) loaded.”

Sc

ask Animal||

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Waebi

related, but not the cause of your problems:
>exec etf2l
Console>” say “ETF2L config (2012-01-15) loaded.”

If you upload a new config or whitelist you need to reference it using your server ID, which you can find by going to server dashboard.
so you should type “rcon exec xxxxxetf2l.cfg” where the xxxxx part is your server ID. It’s the same principle for the whitelists as well.

achy

Aahh I see, I will try this tomorrow. Thank you guys

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]

If you upload a new config or whitelist you need to reference it using your server ID, which you can find by going to server dashboard.
so you should type “rcon exec xxxxxetf2l.cfg” where the xxxxx part is your server ID. It’s the same principle for the whitelists as well.

All multiplay servers have the latest ETF2L server files. The thing is, the latest config is called etf2l_6v6.cfg (or _9v9.cfg).

Tomorrow I’ll ask if they can remove etf2l.cfg, or edit it to just call _6v6.

achy

Quoted from SnowiE

[…]

I tired this and it didnt work. ‘144494etf2l.cfg’ not present; not executing.

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from achy

[…]

Try rcon exec 144494/etf2l.cfg

doks

it has to be “rcon exec serverID/etf2l.cfg” and it will work.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from achy

[…]

Quoted from MR JOHNSON

[…]

Try rcon exec 144494/etf2l.cfg

Quoted from doks

it has to be “rcon exec serverID/etf2l.cfg” and it will work.

These are fixes for a problem that doesn’t exist!

All Multiplay servers have the ETF2L configs preinstalled. You DO NOT need to install them manually!

Quoted from Crasp

[…]

All multiplay servers have the latest ETF2L server files. The thing is, the latest config is called etf2l_6v6.cfg (or _9v9.cfg).

Tomorrow I’ll ask if they can remove etf2l.cfg, or edit it to just call _6v6.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

rcon exec is still needed to exec said pre-loaded cfg though yeah? Doesn’t matter if it’s there already or not, still needs executing…or am I missing some point here? Does ‘rcon exec’ somehow install a cfg…ermmm NO!

Last edited by Monkeh,

MR JOHNSON

(^-^)v

Quoted from Crasp

[…]

W.O.T.

[…]

Yes, having control of the configs on your own server is a bad thing. Personally I wouldn’t trust MP to update the configs properly or in a orderly time, the next time you, etf2l, updated the configs. Say what you will, it’s a nice bonus, but if it’s your own responsibility to provide a server with updated configs, don’t use rcon exec etf2l_6v6 on an MP server.

Last edited by MR JOHNSON,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Monkeh

rcon exec is still needed to exec said pre-loaded cfg though yeah? Doesn’t matter if it’s there already or not, still needs executing…or am I missing some point here? Does ‘rcon exec’ somehow install a cfg…ermmm NO!

“rcon exec” is needed to execute configs on the server if you are using the TF2 console, yes. However in HLSW for example, just “exec” will do.

achy

Got a refund. Multiplay are dire.

Monkeh

We got servers to rent, hosted by Killer Creation. 50p a slot, hit me up :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »