Forum

tf2 kills my internet :(

Created 23rd March 2012 @ 13:54

Add A Reply Pages: 1

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Yo, everytime i start tf2 for the first time a day my internet connection gets interrupted for like 30 secs. After that it seems to be stable but then a minute later it gets interrupted again for 30 secs.
It’s only after launching tf2.
Help would be much appreciated!

edit: i joined 3 different servers today and everytime my internet got completely shut down after a minute on the server :3

Last edited by dob,

yach

Üb

Does it happen when you open the server browser or just when tf2 starts?

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

it happens a minute after I joined a server

Dahlbeck

IKEA
9F

funny i have the exact same thing if i dont restart my router, but some days it doesnt work at all.. im calling the isp today to see if they can do something.

Spike Himself

TC

I used to have this years back when I played L4D 24/7. Bought a new router which fixed it. Linksys, for anyone that was going to ask.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

seems to be the SOAP dm plugin It’s always after joining a dm server which runs that plugin :p

dodgydogman

Panda

If it didnt do it before, try reinstalling tf2 overnight, backing up your configs ofc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4I2vA9tzsQ

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Quoted from dob

seems to be the SOAP dm plugin It’s always after joining a dm server which runs that plugin :p

Another varying factor could be the port of the server you’re joining; which router do you use? Speedtouch routers are known to have connection problems with Source engine games.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from fuo

[…]Another varying factor could be the port of the server you’re joining; which router do you use? Speedtouch routers are known to have connection problems with Source engine games.

One solution i could come up with is that he just pretends to be offline… so he never… fuo FU!

Lateralus

Is your router a thomson by any chance?

Add A Reply Pages: 1