Forum

Need some advice regarding mice

Created 12th March 2012 @ 17:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

severus

burn

Quoted from FADe

Also if you do end up going with a Logitech mouse, never install drivers for them :)

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Daleth

Is there any way to find out if this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G400-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00573Y2RC/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1331575280&sr=1-6 is the newer version?

Send them an email and ask if it’s PID #1333 or higher. If it is, it has no angle snapping/prediction. It it’s not, it has it/them.

zerox

TCM

ms explorer 3.0

FADe

It’s just an opinion from someone who’s used both mice for a number of years. Even with angle snapping I still rate the 518 over the DA, felt better to grip, crosshair placement to corresponding movement on my mat felt more ‘true’, doesn’t grime up half as fast. More importantly; it’s half as much pennies and the DA’s I’ve had start falling to pieces after the 6month mark. Twice as much = Lasts half as long?!?
Baring in mind the games I’ve previously dabbled in jumping and aiming is the last thing you should be attempting to do so the slight difference in the X/Y axis sensitivities was probably helping me more than being a hindrance.
I got a G400 replacement for my 518, wasn’t aware about the angle snapping issue at the time. Tried a newer version without it, felt so much better (from a tf2 pov) so got the mouse replaced again. Still stand by the fact I think the DA is the most overpriced, overrated mouse on the market. Anything razer is!

Last edited by FADe,

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

I forgot to mention, I use claw-grip and apparently the G400/518 are primarily palm-grip? I may splash out money wise if it proves difficult to find a suitable mouse. I’m thinking Zowie EC1.

Last edited by Daleth,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2