Forum

Delay in weapon firing

Created 16th February 2012 @ 21:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

lolage

TSPAG

When using projectiles there is a slight delay from me clicking the button to the rocket/pipe being shot. My interp is 0.021 and stays green. I do have wireless but my ping is generally ok (20-40), and I don’t really drop at all. My FPS is capped at 121 and never goes below that.

I can sometimes fix it by either:
*restarting pc, this sometimes works but not always
*reinstalling tf2, it will be good for a day or two

Any ideas? :s I’m tempted to reinstall windows but just so much effort =(

Jorman

EPA

For me it’s usually like a ball of snow down the hill: the longer I play, the more the delay.
So kinda wondering if anyone has any explanation…

Josh

ez
LEGO

Quoted from Jorman

For me it’s usually like a ball of snow down the hill: the longer I play, the more the delay.
So kinda wondering if anyone has any explanation…

Glad to know i’m not the only one gets this, happens to me usually after maybe 2 hours of playing then the rockets just become slow :/

lolage

TSPAG

Its weird… I mean when I don’t get the delay my aim (projectile wise) feels pretty good but when I get the slight delay my game feels like shit and I don’t hit nothing…

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

green interp? what kind of sorcery is this!!

atomic-

same problem :/

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from smziii

green interp? what kind of sorcery is this!!

*orange xDD

Ordinator

tuhi

Try to uncap fps (fps_max 0) and lower interp to 0.0152, also if u are using window mode switch to fullscreen and try wired connection.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Ordinator

Try to uncap fps (fps_max 0)

Have tried this in the past, never really worked for me.

Quoted from Ordinator

lower interp to 0.0152

0.021 is the lowest I can get without my lerp flashing yellow on some servers. Also I think my lerp of 0.021 is fine because it does sometimes feel like the projectiles shoot out at the right time.

Quoted from Ordinator

also if u are using window mode switch to fullscreen

Tried both, doesn’t make a difference.

Quoted from Ordinator

try wired connection.

Hard to have an actual wired connection as we have wooden floors etc, I could however invest in some homeplugs if wireless was really causing that many problems.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

I would really suggest you lower the interp as much as you can. theres a huge difference between the lowest and 0.021.
even though its yellow just run with it and see how it feels.

Le meme arrows

I have same problem on my PC. But on my brother’s PC it works fine (he’s using same config as me). Maybe it’s just my DeathAdder settings fooked up.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from toogyboogy

I would really suggest you lower the interp as much as you can. theres a huge difference between the lowest and 0.021.
even though its yellow just run with it and see how it feels.

I really don’t think it will make a difference. When it runs OK, 0.021 lerp is fine but other times its as if I have 100 lerp.

Quoted from Le meme arrows

I have same problem on my PC. But on my brother’s PC it works fine (he’s using same config as me). Maybe it’s just my DeathAdder settings fooked up.

Yeah its damn annoying, I didn’t realise so many people had this problem. I’m thinking about reinstalling my OS.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

find the link and one shall find the solution….

Forsak3n

S

latency ruins the game.

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

I used to get this ages ago when I ran windowed mode but once I switched to fullscreen it went away, was most noticeable on demo stickies

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »