Forum

Changing motherboard and CPU

Created 22nd December 2011 @ 19:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Azured

eureka

Quoted from Lord Benjamin

[…]
How does bigger capacity equal faster read/wite speed? Thats a new to me.

Larger HDDs have a higher platter density, so the reader head will scan over more capacity at a faster rate. Plus larger HDDs tend to have larger caches which speed up performance.

As for PSU, 450W should be sufficient if it’s a quality brand. Many cheap brands produce PSUs that cannot deliver their rated wattage, and/or fail disastrously if they are put under too much load.

Dual channel memory doubles the available memory bandwith, but since most applications (What most desktop users run) are not memory bandwith bound, it rarely affects performance by more than a couple of percent. There is no reason not to go for dual channel tho.

knuck

DA!

Quoted from Koeitje

Did you plug in the connectors for the front USB ports?

That’s what I’ve done wrong I guess, I can’t verify this now since I don’t have my computer.
Concerning that, is Cooler Master Elite 430 Black a good case to take ? As you can see I was supposed to spend ~300€, I spent 400€ -> don’t offer cases more expensive than 40€, cause I won’t be able to take it :) thank you.
And about the RAM & HDD discussion it doesn’t really matter because I don’t have any money left to extend to 12/16Gb (I don’t think I’d ever do that since it’s quite useless for gaming) and taking a 2Tb HDD on my to-do list, when prices will drop a bit more, and why not even taking a SSD for the OS/games.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from octochris

[…]

More load on memory controller = bye decent FSB OC. You’ll see far better results getting one stick and getting a better FSB OC than you’ll see from dual channel.

Proof?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Proof?

Try it yourself if you don’t believe me, this is very common knowledge.

xetsog

Why did you get an unlocked CPU and a H67 motherboard? You can’t overclock.

knuck

DA!

Hello guys, I’m having a problem actually. When I turn on my computer, it loads then after I got a message : ”Scan devices… Please wait
No device !”
Then my screen is making a weird white color with a black bar in it.
what should I do please ?

get the fuck on steam knuck.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from knuck

Hello guys, I’m having a problem actually. When I turn on my computer, it loads then after I got a message : ”Scan devices… Please wait
No device !”
Then my screen is making a weird white color with a black bar in it.
what should I do please ?

Is that your new puter? And can you please tell us, when exactly this happends. I am thinking it doesn’t recognise your HD or memory sticks. So you need to get into the bios and check if the BIOS recognises your HD and check if everything is connected ok.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from knuck

[…]
why not even taking a SSD for the OS/games.

If you saved up a bit again, SSD is surely a huge upgrade :) OS/Games will load faster due to the faster access times.

knuck

DA!

Basically, I turn on my computer, I get Asus motherboard screen, then I have a message like : Scan devices, please wait… No device ! After this, it gets back to Asus screen, then I have a weird white screen.
I just checked in the bios it detects eveything : processor, RAM, HDD,

knuck

DA!

Any help please ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3