Forum

Random freezes since "performance" update

Created 6th December 2011 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

BZAD

Since the so called “drastically improved performance” update I encounter random freezes.
Has anybody the same problem?

btw: i dont use a chris config or so, just the network settings (the one for good networkconnection)

CHEERS!

octochris

(0v0)

4 of us in our match tonight were having this, so :D

Lateralus

I get like 1 – 1.5 second freezes randomly. Which is absolutley balls.

BZAD

…sounds like something big…not positively of course…
*wishes himself 6 months into the future to bypass valve-time*

Rinta

Had some freezes today.
Although I had them even before the update for some time already, as well as our whole team.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

It makes medic so fun to play. Especially the part where you get jumped on.

AeZ!

TP

It makes solly play fun when you jump and freeze :D then teleport somewhere else, SNEAKY!

tarquinbb

watch the comedian vanillatv streams from the last couple of days….

a lot of that ‘hitching’. it seems to occur for a few days to a week after every semi-significant update.

my uneducated guess is that it’s your client losing connection to steam server and forcing a retry. this is purely because i can clearly remember similar hitches in the past (over a year ago) were accompanied by spamming messages to steam friends saying you are “offline online offline online offline online”.

more recently, the hitching was accompanied by losing your loadout.

the hitch frequency may also be related to your ISP/connection quality. over a year ago i was having terrible issues at around 7-8CET on some evenings with mass choke and packet loss…. i was forced to reduce my rates to 10000/30/30 for the game to be playable (and still had bad choke). non-steam games worked fine, it wasn’t merely my poor BT broadband connection.

i found out that this insane lag was happening exactly in sync with steam server maintenance… so it must have been a combination of steam and my crappy connection. but i haven’t had this issue for over a year now, new router, ISP upgrades, steam server upgrades etc is my guess.

arc

iSlam

These freezes have been happening to a lot of people for a long time now. I’d say 2-3 months. Valve are trying to fix them but they don’t know what the problem is.

Trane

Since halloween update for me.

Always at the worst possible moment.

AnimaL

im so used to them by now that i dont even notice anymore, its only 1-1.5 sec for me anyway so..yeah…

i’ve had them since some big update in june/may/whatever every now and then. They got way worse since the ‘performance update’ though. ~1-3 second freezes and about 5-10 times/game. frequency seems to change with the server (might be placebo though). Really fun when you’re baiting someone and 4 seconds later you’re suddenly “respawning in x”

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

bump!

I don’t really mind the freezes that much, it’s the fact I have to stop the prec demo, record+stop and then start recording again – otherwise I get invisible people :[

Ripple

Also having them for like half a year (june/july). Thought i was the only one. I’m happy now

mimzyy

(è_é)
Otter

You’re never alone my friend, never.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »