Forum

Graphical Error?

Created 21st October 2011 @ 00:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Risky

Poo
Poo

Sup

Since a few days ago, i’ve been having this graphics/missing texture bug at apparently random times. Sometimes it can be after about an hour, sometimes after 5 minutes. It basically involves the generic source pink and black error textures, except it covers the enitre screen. Only happens during the actual game, it doesn’t overlay on the menu or anything. It doesn’t go away when I record a demo or hud_reloadscheme and not even if I retry to the server.

Looks like this: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614966189833941804/9834384719D3AD4F5F730352E3058C16499CEF6D/

I’ve tried the usual, validating game files, deleted the tf folder, deleted my HUD. Basically everything apart from a full reinstall.

I found a temporary fix involving typing mat_specular in the console a few times but it’s pretty unreliable, doesn’t work every time and I have to just change it back and forward til it goes away but the problem is, changing that command in-game it makes me freeze for like 10s so it’s not ideal.

Anyone else having this recently or know how I can fix it properly?

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

idk looks like ur game is pink

nvc

-autoconfig in launch options (i assume steam cloud cloud is active in TF2?) and try another config perhaps?

Last edited by nvc,

archy

I have experienced this bug as well.

Does not happen when you play on low details and dx8. For me it only appears to happen when playing the game on max quality settings.

dougiie

CotC

305 fps

give me some.

Stimpy

you tried the real obvious? loose cable, overheating GPU?

Add A Reply Pages: 1