Forum

Blocked Ports

Created 9th October 2011 @ 11:30

Add A Reply Pages: 1

flushy

P.O.P

Howdy all!

Got a slight problem causing minor inconvenience. It would seem some of the steam ports are blocked and as a result I cannot connect to the majority of TF2 servers. There are some war servers I have no problem joining whatsoever.

Any help other than ask your network administrator to unblock would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have access to a server with ssh?

Forsak3n

S

iirc there is a launch setting option; -port

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Chaplain

Do you have access to a server with ssh?

Won’t work. SSH tunnels only transfer TCP data, not UDP.

Vad

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Won’t work. SSH tunnels only transfer TCP data, not UDP.

As far as I remember only Source Query uses UDP (server info), the game itself goes through TCP.
Worth a try.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Vad

[…]
As far as I remember only Source Query uses UDP (server info), the game itself goes through TCP.
Worth a try.

Nope. All the game data (player positions, events, etc) is all UDP. TCP is just used for state information (players connecting/disconnecting, joining team, changing class, chat messages, etc). Either way the data would be coming from 2 seperate hosts from the perspective of the server, and it wouldn’t be able to handle that.

LOLiver

.flac

Quoted from Vad

[…]
Worth a try.

if your not sure just use wireshark

flushy

P.O.P

any ideas? VPN is a nogo unfortunately as is asking tyhe network admin to block as mentioned already! :o(

octochris

(0v0)

If tunnelling and asking the network admin to allow it are a no-go, then you’re mostly out of luck.

If the system that they have in place allows NAT-PMP or UPnP, however, you may have luck requesting a lease for the port manually using a UPnP/NAT-PMP client, and refreshing it every now and then in a loop until you close TF2.

FADe

http://www.artofping.com/autotunnel-gg.php

Add A Reply Pages: 1