Forum

FPS droppin' like a boss!

Created 10th September 2011 @ 22:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1

sadhu

So I dunno whats the reason for my FPS droppin, I think that these lately updates have somekinda part in it. But before I had steady ~130 fps, but now in many situations my FPS have been dropped to 60-90, and thats quite horrible to play with those frames. I have used Chris FPS config for a good while so I dont think that my configs have part in it.
But if someone else has noticed same problems, and know how to fix em, just say!

Therium

trolltech
[MC]

I’ve been having these FPS drops since the Replay Update but in my case the FPS drops to 10-15 and it’s really frustrating. Nothing seems to fix that for me, probably time for a new PC :s

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from sadhu

So I dunno whats the reason for my FPS droppin, I think that these lately updates have somekinda part in it. But before I had steady ~130 fps, but now in many situations my FPS have been dropped to 60-90, and thats quite horrible to play with those frames. I have used Chris FPS config for a good while so I dont think that my configs have part in it.
But if someone else has noticed same problems, and know how to fix em, just say!

pc specs/os would be lovely.

sadhu

w7 64-bit
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.0hz
ATI Radeon HD 5450
4GB RAM
500GB

AnimaL

not exactly the pc spec that is supposed to do 120fps

try ocing

Martn

Quoted from AnimaL

not exactly the pc spec that is supposed to do 120fps

try ocing

Totally not worth overclocking. If you really need 120 fps, then i suggest u buy some new hardware.

AnimaL

Quoted from Martn

[…] Totally not worth overclocking. If you really need 120 fps, then i suggest u buy some new hardware.

if u say so ;} i havnt seen tests for it on source enginw but imo it should run 120fps if running at about 3.6-4.0ghz

Last edited by AnimaL,

//fps_max 132 // Commented due to 2011-09-02 update causing jittering when fps is capped for some
fps_max 0

From chris’ recent update to his fps config, update the config and it should fix it

Last edited by BenscRzy.,

AnimaL

Quoted from BenscRzy.

//fps_max 132 // Commented due to 2011-09-02 update causing jittering when fps is capped for some
fps_max 0

From chris’ recent update to his fps config, update the config and it should fix it

removing fps_max wont suddenly increase ur fps, its just a good fix to all the ppl using i5/i7’s bcs it makes em jittery even when they have 500fps

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Also, if you’re on windows 7, you might want to consider downgrading to windows xp. You can just dualboot them if you want to, I used to get a lot more fps on xp on my old pc. E8400 @ 3.6ghz. Stable 125, not anywhere near that on w7.

Sketch

MM

5450 is a media pc graphics card for running hd movies. nothing more

and an oc isnt going to do that much tbh.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Ocing in tf2 gives pretty much a linear performance increase. 20% higher clockspeed equals to pretty much 20% more fps. Also, the gpu is good enough to handle tf2 with configs.

AnimaL

Quoted from Sketch

5450 is a media pc graphics card for running hd movies. nothing more

and an oc isnt going to do that much tbh.

run at lower resolution and highframes + shadows off if u suddenly see performance decrease… sure it cant do fullhd but on 1024×768 it should do well over 120fps

wrock

vier

try different cfgs (e.g. chris, max fps, dx9 cfg etc) with better hardware you get better fps with different cfgs

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I got terrible FPS on pubs but good in 6v6. Also my awesome spy hack detector for 6v6 makes it worth the terrible pub experience.

Add A Reply Pages: 1