Forum

New video card

Created 22nd August 2011 @ 09:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Clark

SDCK!

I’m now planning to buy a new video card, but I know it can cause tons of problems if it’s not compatible with my motherboeard or if just my power supply isn’t good enough.
So basically, the question is – what is the best Nvidia card out there at the moment that is compatible with my motherboard (Asus P5KPL-E/P35/G33/G31), and what power supply do I need to run it properly?

Last edited by Clark,

nvc

Quoted from Clark

I’m now planning to buy a new video card, but I know it can cause tons of problems if it’s not compatible with my motherboeard or if just my power supply isn’t good enough.
So basiccaly, the question is – what is the best Nvidia card out there at the moment that is compatible with my motherboard (Asus /P35/G33/G31), and what power supply do I need to run it properly?

I guess you have a core2duo or early quad core… so… Club3D nvidia 560Ti for like 160gbp.

A corsair TX750 would be perfect.

Last edited by nvc,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from nvc

[…]

I guess you have a core2duo or early quad core… so… Club3D nvidia 560Ti for like 160gbp.

A corsair TX750 would be perfect.

750? I was told 800 is the minimum If I’m gonna get a good card. What about huge ones such as GTX570?

P.S. Yes, I’ve got Core 2 Quad.

Last edited by Clark,

nvc

Quoted from Clark

[…]

750? I was told 800 is the minimum If I’m gonna get a good card. What about huge ones such as GTX570?

P.S. Yes, I’ve got Core 2 Quad.

no you won’t need more than 750 (apart from when buying a terrible brand) unless you overclock everything in your system to the max.

I wouldn’t bother suggesting a 570/580 unless you have i5 or i7 really, sure you might get some fps improvements in certain games but the 560Ti (OC editions) is actually an awesome card judging by reviews. I’m running a 6870×2 but i’m switching to a 560Ti in a few days, it’ll be plenty.

I would say though, if you play 1920×1080 or above you might want a card with more than 1GB memory.

Last edited by nvc,

vøid

i have a 720w power supply and i was used to have two hd4870 without problem
and this was a bad brand

Cloud

.wldcrd!

You shouldn’t even need more than 550W if you’re only running a single hard disk and gpu, where did this 750 number come from? Bump it up to 600/650 and you’ll be perfectly fine for overclocking too (whether you need that extra 100W at all, no idea)

Last edited by Cloud,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Clark

[…]

Whoever told you this evidently knows nothing about the subject and should have all advice they have given you thrown out immediately.

eXtreaL

I’m running a GTX560-Ti Hawk on a 650w XFX Pro, so you should be perfectly fine with a 600/700w supply. The 560 is a perfect card for it’s pricetag.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Whoever told you this evidently knows nothing about the subject and should have all advice they have given you thrown out immediately.

You are saying 750 will be enough for GTX570? What about my CPU and the motherboard – are they compatible with it?

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Welcome to the new millenia, where components are compatible if they fit in the fucking sockets. Mostly anyway. (read: yes it is compatible)

Sketch

MM

Ye 600 is plenty. A Watt calculater website would be useful. But your system shouldn’t be drawing more than 500w with that setup. So 600w should give plenty overhead for of as well. Don’t listen to the people so say you need a 1000w that’s only 3+ gpu’s and watercooling that needs that. Any basic air cooled single card solution will never need more than 600 ATM it would have to be the insane high end to exceed this.

Martn

Im even running on 350 watts. (i3 + hd5770)

450 watts should be enough for your setup.

Last edited by Martn,

Ordinator

tuhi

I have i5 2500 and gtx570, with a crap load of other devices running@650W chieftec psu just fine.

laerin

-9w-

You could go much lower than even 750. Using i5 2300 and ati 6870 with 430W

Last edited by laerin,

kingexe

TSPAG

yeah never really understood why people go crazy and get 1000w CPUs.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »