Forum

No internet access on W7

Created 18th August 2011 @ 17:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Smofo

Im THAT good!

I’ve just installed w7 and my drivers but I don’t have any internet so I can’t update or download any programs because of no internet, anyone know what the problem might be?

AnimaL

do you see your ethernet card in device manager?

is it a new computer?

do you have router?

Smofo

Im THAT good!

I do see my ethernet card in device manager

it is a new computer

i dont have a router, im directly in my modem

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yep check device manager to see if theres any yellow warning items also go to start and run and type in ncpa.cpl and press enter, in there can you see any wireless or lan devices, do they say connected? or limited or no connectivity?

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Nothing wrong in device manager tapley and im going to check now the other thing you asked brb *plugs in my network cable in new pc

edit: apparently says unidentified network (but it says if i hold my mouse above the yellow sign thingy in bottom “No Internet Access”) but f me if i knew what the problem is

Last edited by Smofo,

AnimaL

might be that your provider has turned on MAC filtering, you should call em and ask about it, just say u got new pc and dont have connection

Smofo

Im THAT good!

You mean that they are checking if its my pc that is connected and nothing else? that shouldnt be it imho

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

It might be mac address filtering, but if no ones set that up on your modem i doubt its enabled by default. If you plug another pc into that cable does it work fine? When plugged in try going to start – run – type CMD and press ok
then in the black box type ipconfig/release and press enter
then type ipconfig/renew and press enter

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Im sorry I doubted you animal it was idd that MAC problem

Add A Reply Pages: 1