Forum

450 DPI

Created 21st July 2011 @ 22:28

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Rwaket

Why so my people prefer to play with 450 DPI? Isn’t it better to use as much DPI as avaible, because your pointer moves through more dots per inch and you can aim more exactly (in my opinion)?

Orchid

|=3

No idea, all i can say that my MS MWO 1.1 with 400dpi is the best mouse i`ve ever had.

Sketch

MM

I dOES NOT mATTER AT ALL

linus.

When i played with 1600 dpi I experienced negative accel, switching to 400 dpi solved it.

dodgydogman

Panda

Lower dpi tends to have less problems and sometimes better performance, and most people like that over unnecessary resolution which really does not get noticed (most pro quake and cs players use around 450).

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from dodgydogman

Lower dpi tends to have less problems and sometimes better performance, and most people like that over unnecessary resolution which really does not get noticed (most pro quake and cs players use around 450).

Old DA had to be run at 1800dpi to reduce problems. Probably some other mice with the same problems.

The reason cs players use low dpi mice is because you cant set sens in cs below 1 like you can in source and quake.

quad

I play with 450

Rwaket

Quoted from quad

I play with 450

lol)

Ordinator

tuhi

Because it’s more than enough in the most cases. If you are using very low cm per 360 and playing on high resolutions (1920*1080 and more), then you will probably need dpi over 1k.

Sketch

MM

Whatever feels nice for you as long as the mouse has no problems doing it.

longas

I have the DA 3500DPI version and i’m using 450DPI, tbf don’t know if it’s the best setup for my mouse but I use a really low sens (65cm/360º) and I don’t have any problems.

Forsak3n

S

I get the negative acceleration on all the dpis i have on my abyssus and it effects on y/x axis different, so the both axis difference get not equal on every level of dpi. And I notice that difference lower on 450dpi. Also negative acceleration is not that noticeable on very slow sensitivity.

Hope you understood me. ;)

Last edited by Forsak3n,

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Rwaket

Why so my people prefer to play with 450 DPI? Isn’t it better to use as much DPI as avaible, because your pointer moves through more dots per inch and you can aim more exactly (in my opinion)?

as long as your using the MINIMUM DPI needed for your sensitivty + resolution having any more dpi wont effect anything, use my mouse tool to calculate the minimum dpi you need:

http://www.gamebanana.com/tools/4695

Add A Reply Pages: 1