konr

Intel Core i3 550 3.20GHz Dual Core Processor
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 4GB 1600MHz CAS9 Memory Kit
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6450 1024MB GDDR3 Graphics Card
Samsung F4 7200RPM 2TB SATA II
OcUK 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black)
Corsair TX 750W V2 Power Supply [DO I NEED THIS?]
Samsung SM2233RZ 22″ 120Hz 3D Widescreen LCD Monitor – Black

I picked this shit out at overclocked.net.
My question is, will this run TF2 at a stable 120+ fps constantly, and could I use a lesser PSU to power this shit, or would I need that? I want the 2TB HDD btw, it’s nothing to do with performance :)

aksu

It might run tf2 at stable 120fps with fps config at least. You won’t be playing modern games with that gpu http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6450-review/3 and getting a 120hz monitor with it would be a waste because you’ll be getting so low fps in games usually:p Also 750W power supply is way too big for that setup. Also I’d personally change cpu for a quad core.

lolage

TSPAG

budget?

Martn

You’re not getting anywhere near stable 120fps with that crapgraphics card you picked. Rest looks fine.
The psu is overkill, im running a heavier system on a 350w psu.

Last edited by Martn,

flushy

P.O.P

why not just make a thread on overclockers and get chris or stulid to spec you properly! they know alllll

AnimaL

Quoted from Martn

You’re not getting anywhere near stable 120fps with that crapgraphics card you picked. Rest looks fine.
The psu is overkill, im running a heavier system on a 350w psu.

it will do 120fps on low resolution easy

Lateralus

Get a quadcore instead of a dual core and you will probably be fine.

vani

Bully

Get my rig
and a 120hz screen

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Bad Processor. Bad Graphics card. Not even close to 120fps without configs + you will not play much of other games properly.

Good luck have fun.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

PSU is totally overkill, a 300-400w can run that setup with ease as long as its of a good brand (OCZ/Antec/Corsair..).
CPU won’t get you a stable 120 at mids and anything more than 12 man server, and that GPU is good if you are playing 10 y/o games, even tho its a new GPU but its meant for HTPCs, especially for a monitor of 1680×1050 resolution.
The least GPU you should get for your monitor is a 5670/6670, I’d also recommend an AMD cpu for low-middish budget, like a Phenom II x3 or at the very least Phenom II x2 555 and wish it unlocks to a x3 or x4.
Monitor is good but you won’t benefit from it if you can’t run TF2 with lower than 120-130 fps, so either change it or change the hardware.

konr

I don’t really know what I’m doing with this shit to be honest. Anyone want to recommend some budget shit I could buy? I don’t wanna run TF2 at max settings or anything, but I’d like to run APB with little to no lag on low-medium. And TF2 on chris’ high fps config with a stable 120 fps.

EDIT:
Also I already have an Antec ‘High Current Gamer’ 520W PSU that I had to buy to replace a broken one at LAN, that’ll do okay right?

Last edited by konr,

Wabbeh

http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/?action=view&current=GuideSimple.png

Martn

Quoted from konr

I don’t really know what I’m doing with this shit to be honest. Anyone want to recommend some budget shit I could buy? I don’t wanna run TF2 at max settings or anything, but I’d like to run APB with little to no lag on low-medium. And TF2 on chris’ high fps config with a stable 120 fps.

EDIT:
Also I already have an Antec ‘High Current Gamer’ 520W PSU that I had to buy to replace a broken one at LAN, that’ll do okay right?

The psu is fine. The cpu is fine too, you only need a better graphics card, try looking for a gtx450(550?) Or a amd 5750/5770

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from konr

It’s “used by team dignitas”, so sure, why not :o)

Anyway, yes, this thing http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjU5Ng== should be fine. 520W is on the safe side, and it’s a decent brand so it’ll actually deliver the power it promises. If it was an old thing there might be some issue with differences in amperage on the 12v or 5v lines. Always forget which one, but over the last few years power supplies changed because the different parts (gpu and cpu) shifted in power requirements. Your OMG HIGH CURRENT GAMER is 80plus bronze certified, so that’s okay. I think ;)

Why don’t you look for something like this (top one): http://tweakers.net/reviews/2184/3/tweakers-punt-net-best-buy-guide-editie-juli-2011-budget-gamesysteem-en-gamesysteem.html

Yes, I know that it is in dutch, but there’s google translate if you’d really want to read it. It’s the part names that make sense in english as much as it does in dutch.

Colt.

swimp

I hear the amstrad cpc464 is a pritty “rad” machine :)

http://media.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/news/3206319/amstrad_cpc464.jpg

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »