Forum

Mic muting itself

Created 23rd June 2011 @ 18:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

There is probably a really obvious solution but i’ve just got a new mic the creative fatality and it keep randomly muting itself under recoding devices/microphone properties on the main volume

No idea what is causing it and it’s kinda annoying :<

Any help appreciated xoxo

Zadkiel

Don’t know if this is relevant, but TF2’s audio settings don’t just affect the game, they actually change windows system settings.

I was at a LAN where everyone was using Mumble, and because we were playing in offline mode and thus steam cloud sync didn’t work, some system settings kept resetting themself, namely I would turn off in-game voice chat and it would turn itself back on, so instead I set the transmission volume to 0, but then I couldn’t talk in mumble because changing the transmission volume to zero had muted the mic in Windows! – I didn’t immediately link the 2 events together (hey, who thinks that changing a game audio settings would actually change the windows system setting!) and it took several times before I realised what was causing the mic to seemingly mute itself.

Zad

RareSpycrab

Quoted from CommanderX

There is probably a really obvious solution but i’ve just got a new mic the creative fatality and it keep randomly muting itself under recoding devices/microphone properties on the main volume

No idea what is causing it and it’s kinda annoying :<

Any help appreciated xoxo

Happens to me aswell, It only seems to happen with tf2 and mumble combined , works fine when playing LoL and on skype.

Add A Reply Pages: 1