Forum

Steam Random Disconnects

Created 22nd June 2011 @ 16:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

FIR

SnG

Short and Sweet.
Been playing normally in Asia since 10th June. My internet is fine, no issues with it. However, recently, some weird problems are cropping up when I start mixes with mumble on. First, mumble will crash (with the message: Mumble Low-latency voip has stopped working or something to that effect) and then right after that, my steam will go offline, and upon restarting steam, it wont even start. In taskmanager, it says steam is running, but there’s absolutely no trace of it anywhere.

Incase you start asking about the overlay, I tested it with both overlay on and overlay off; both yielded the same crash. A previous version of mumble also crashed similarly.

As for steam, it takes about 15 minutes for it to actually kick in. wtf is going on?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

My mumble is crashing all the time recently too… Steam has got a few problems also.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Permzilla

My mumble is crashing all the time recently too… Steam has got a few problems also.

steam died 5 mins ago :D

LaMqTa

fenneks

valve are coming for us!

Anathema

Can’t connect to the steam friends servers, apparently that also means I can’t play Spiral Knights :(

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Anathema

Can’t connect to the steam friends servers, apparently that also means I can’t play Spiral Knights :(

That’s good though.

FIR

SnG

A new twist: now, whatever game i play via steam will randomly crash, be it Spiral Knights/TF2/even games launched from shortcuts like StarCraft II, will just shut off. what the hell?

Warcloud

[MC]

Sometimes i get randomly disconnected because my connection to VAC dies
Nice updates valve

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Warcloud

Nice updates valve

Dummy

Quoted from Warcloud

Nice updates valve

rring steam solved it for me :c

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
rring steam solved it for me :c

what?

Warcloud

[MC]

restarting steam but that doesn’t work for me :<

GriZZly

close steam, delete ClientRegistry.blob in the steam folder and restart steam.

Fixed the problem for me!!!

broesel

LAME

Quoted from GriZZly

close steam, delete ClientRegistry.blob in the steam folder and restart steam.

GriZZly is the new Chris.

HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Shifty

I am getting somewhat the same, little different:
Since the f2p update i get randomly disconnected after 1-5 min: Can not connect to VAC server (in before someone calls me a hacker)
I also have no acces to my backpack on any server, neither online nor lan.
I have tryed doing all the basic stuff as deleting the clientreg or validating the tf2 files, rring steam and shit like that.
Weirdest thing is that it was working yesterday but today it just fucked up.
Basically just asking if anyone has the same problem ? Not really asking for a fix.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »