Forum

game freeze

Created 15th June 2011 @ 20:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

yin

hello gentlemen

dunno if theres already a thread about it but if so im sry (copy me the solution or link me then pls)

so following

since the update my tf2 freezes for a few secs and the server down message appears for a few seconds and then after it its like popping up tf2 again some small lags and then all normal. this “bug” repeating round about every 15 mins

AnimaL

well, tf2 cant be frozen if u see server timeout msg.. or does it actually freeze, then unfreezes and starts counting down timout?

1st option would be ur net,router, network card fault
2nd option can be fuck all.. do heavy cpu+gpu burn tests to see if it stops responding

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from AnimaL

well, tf2 cant be frozen if u see server timeout msg.. or does it actually freeze, then unfreezes and starts counting down timout?

1st option would be ur net,router, network card fault
2nd option can be fuck all.. do heavy cpu+gpu burn tests to see if it stops responding

I get the same thing its sooo annoying looking at the net graph the game stops and the ping shoots up and then goes back to normal and its random when it happens.

it cant be his pc as I a friend and him has it so.. and its since one of the many random updates… There is no time out it just pauses then carries on like normal.

Last edited by Si^,

AnimaL

how long does the game stop before going back and ping going up

the small lags after is prolly the same when u start recording demo?

if u say pauses, then that sounds like ur internet problem

Last edited by AnimaL,

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from AnimaL

how long does the game stop before going back and ping going up

for me a matter of seconds maybe 3/4 its very noticeable but the ping goes straight back its just I can see in the netgraph after the the “lag/freeze” has happened that is really high then drops.

AnimaL

what about run some kind of app that keeps pinging in small intervals in background while playing tf2 and trying to figure out if u actually do lose connection or just ur tf2 is fucked

id use hlsw, but im sure our geeky friends can give u better app advice

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

i sometimes get this problem too.

BlinkBoy

GFM

Quoted from Atkins

i sometimes get this problem too.

me too

Volkmar

Quoted from BlinkBoy

[…]
me too

Same here. It doesn’t happen consistently either, sometimes I get 5 ‘freezes’ in 15 minutes, sometimes I can go a whole session without any. Started this week I think.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Interesting, I started getting this since the latest update too, occasional half second freezes, maybe twice a map at most, absolutely nothing has changed, and I ran stress test overnight, just in case, all’s fine.

Perhaps valve borked something.

Saadyst

~

Having the same problem.

The game will randomly freeze – can be at any time, not particularly at a mid-fight.
Everything else outside of TF2 is still running ok.
It’ll fix itself in a few seconds tho. Don’t see any “connection lost” message, don’t believe it’s connection related at all.

Only started to happen this week

yin

its not my pc cause everything normal i did some tests and its ok.

i think it has something to do with the last update.

fixing my problems closer. the games lagg like you record a demo and the screen freezes and the msg popps up. it runs for 2-3 secs and then a small lagg liek recordign a demo again and all normal.

pls valve fix it

tasKu

e-famous

ITS BECAUSE OF THE BIRDS. I FUCKING KNEW IT!

Add A Reply Pages: 1