Forum

new screen

Created 27th May 2011 @ 16:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Pyle

Acer GD245HQbid =

23.6 inch / 1920×1080 / 2ms / good price these days.
I got one; no complaints. And comes in black without the orange as well.

thiz iz 120hz?

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from yach

120hz is mostly pointless for tf2

It really isn’t once you’ve played TF2 on 120hz you won’t want to go back to anything else
It makes everything so incredibly smooth

Last edited by Vazzan,

yach

Üb

Quoted from Vazzan

[…]
It really isn’t once you’ve played TF2 on 120hz you won’t want to go back to anything else
It makes everything so incredibly smooth

I do play at 120hz and the only noticeable improvement from 60hz in tf2 was looking around was smoother, the game is still locked to 66tic.
That said dropping below 120fps is still fucking annoying

Last edited by yach,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from yach

[…]

I do play at 120hz and the only noticeable improvement from 60hz in tf2 was looking around was smoother, the game is still locked to 66tic.
That said dropping below 120fps is still fucking annoying

If you have a PC that is ever even coming close to dropping below 200fps at any point, you won’t get any real benefit from a 120hz monitor.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

120hz is nice and shiny and all, sure it makes the game look smoother, but does it give you an advantage? Doubt it. Definitely nice, but not really worth the extra money unless you have said money to burn, surely?

Either way…

Quoted from vøid

what about acer gd245hq and benq xl2410t
seems to be 2 great products

Adjustable screen height?

Can we also get some recommendations for 60/75Hz models with good colour reproduction, low response times, and big resolutions? Or at least a link to something like head-fi for monitors? :)

Last edited by Cloud,

zipfel

PF

LG W2261VP
Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ
ViewSonic VX2268WM
best monitors for gaming

Last edited by zipfel,

skinnie

TCM

120hz is a must

DarkSlayer

Quoted from zipfel

LG W2261VP
Samsung SyncMaster 2333T
ViewSonic VX2268WM
best monitors for gaming

Yes

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Cloud

120hz is nice and shiny and all, sure it makes the game look smoother, but does it give you an advantage? Doubt it. Definitely nice, but not really worth the extra money unless you have said money to burn, surely?

Either way…

[…]

Adjustable screen height?

Can we also get some recommendations for 60/75Hz models with good colour reproduction, low response times, and big resolutions? Or at least a link to something like head-fi for monitors? :)

depending on your sens/play style or class 120Hz can be really beneficial- your getting your screen updated TWICE as much as 60Hz, it helps with tracking/flick shots alot i would say

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from zipfel

LG W2261VP

is this one also 120hz?

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

depending on your sens/play style or class 120Hz can be really beneficial- your getting your screen updated TWICE as much as 60Hz, it helps with tracking/flick shots alot i would say

Assuming of course you can hold a steady 120+ FPS, preferably 200-240 ?
I honestly don’t see how it will help that much for tf2 though, warsow/quake perhaps, where people are flying about at millions of units per second (exaggeration?), people just don’t move that fast. Fair point for the other games though I suppose.

vøid

Quoted from zipfel

LG W2261VP
Samsung SyncMaster 2333T
ViewSonic VX2268WM
best monitors for gaming

mhh nice monitor indeed
but i forget to mention that i want to buy something >= to 24″
actually i have a 22″ , its to small for me im almost obligated to wear glasses…

anyway i think that 120hz is a bit pointless like people are saying.

Last edited by vøid,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Get a CRT. LCD are inferior in every aspect that matters: response time, framerate, image crispness, resolusion options etc. Why people would want to pay hundreds of euros for a downgrade is beyond me. Man is a strange animal.

vøid

Quoted from ell

Get a CRT. LCD are inferior in every aspect that matters: response time, framerate, image crispness, resolusion options etc. Why people would want to pay hundreds of euros for a downgrade is beyond me. Man is a strange animal.

nevermind.

you will also tell me to buy some 80’s IBM mechanical keyboard ?

Last edited by vøid,

Sketch

MM

120hz is the least pointless thing ever.

use one for a while and then try and go back to 60 hz afterwards i guarantee you will properly hate going back!

less tearing
less juddering
more frames
no ghosting
less bad in every way

if you buy a similarly priced 60 hz monitor then you are plain dumb

Last edited by Sketch,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »